Microdermabrasion

What does coarsened echotexture in liver ultrasound mean?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a wheatish complexion. Can you please suggest if I can use Kojivit cream for skin lightening?  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can use Kojivit gel (Kojic acid) safely daily. But, it only removes extra tan from your skin. You can try using a Glycolic acid based face wash for better results of skin lightening. Make sure that you apply sunscreen every 5-6 hours. You can also g...  Read Full »

Can I use Calamine lotion for hyperpigmentation?

Query: Hi doctor, The forehead portion above my eyes and the portion of face around eyes became black around four years ago. Please find the photo of my face attached here. I never took any medicine. For the last four months, I am taking some natural remedies such as turmeric, aloevera, etc. Please sugge...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and have seen your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). What I have seen is a blackish pigmentation over your forehead and around your eye along with ice pick, rolling and pock-like scars over your cheeks. The blackish pi...  Read Full »

I have acne scars and pits on my cheeks with uneven skin tone. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have acne scars and acne pits on my cheeks as well as uneven skin tone. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acne scar treatment depends on the type of scar. Boxcar scar is superficial one-time, can be improved with microdermabrasion combined with peel, derma roller, ice pick scar- small deep scars, improved with TCA CROSS procedure, rolling scar- needs subcision (minor surgi...  Read Full »

My face looks worse after two years of facial hair removal treatment. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to take treatments for facial hair removal using a laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peeling. I did these treatments before two years. My skin has become worse now. I have more dead cells in my skin, and I have darker looking skin. Even my lips have turned dark. My entire upp...  Read Full »

Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having hormonal issues. It could be the reason for having pigmentation and excess hair growth. Please mention about the steps taken to maintain the skin. Please send the images of the darkened portion of the skin. I can suggest some remedies after looking at the...  Read Full »

How to treat the acne scars?

Query: Hi doctor, I have acne scars. What are the treatments followed to make the acne scars go away?  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acne scar treatment depends on the type of scar. Boxcar scar is a superficial one. It can be treated with microdermabrasion combined with peel, and dermaroller. Ice pick scar is a small deep scar. It can be treated with TCA CROSS (Trichloro Acetic Acid chemical reconstr...  Read Full »

Developed with nodular acne on my left cheek. Is this prescription effective?

Query: Hello, I am a male, 24 years old. I have recently developed with nodular acne on my left cheek and visited a dermatologist. The doctor has prescribed the following for 15 days for pimples: Rejuglow face wash gel. Nilac ointment (twice daily). Minoz 50 tablet (once daily). He has asked me to come af...  Read Full »

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. Acne treatment depends upon the type of acne lesions. From the treatment provided it seems, you are having pustular (pus filled) or papular (red raised bumps) lesions. In case of nodular acne, lesions are large nodules. For nodular acne we usually prescribe oral isot...  Read Full »

Can microdermabrasion and glycolic acid peel make my skin look darker?

Query: Hello doctor, I am very much worried about my skin color. I have taken two sittings of microdermabrasion and two sittings of glycolic acid peel. But, I am not able to see any change and that too my skin looks darker. Would it be a chemical peel side effect? Now I am using branded face wash and suns...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Microdermabrasion and chemical peel are the procedures to improve skin texture. They exfoliate the damaged superficial layer of skin, there by lightening the hyperpigmentation on the skin. This removes the dead cells in the skin, facilitating the new layer of cells to ...  Read Full »

I have lot of acne scars on my face that make me look ugly. Please suggest me treatment for the same.

Query: Hello Doctor,    I am 19 years old. I have lot of acne scars on my face and it looks ugly. Doctor advised me to use contractubex but it is of no use. Please suggest some other treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Contractubex gel is topically applied to reduce scars. It is very effective on various types of scars. Other modes of treating scars include: Fractional laser treatment - a non-invasive technique to remove scars. It is the best option but is slightly expensive. ...  Read Full »