Q. I have acne and nothing seems to work. Please help.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 28, 2021

Recently, I got a cluster of red acne on my forehead. After applying Castor-NF cream, Ofloxacin, Terbinafine, Clobetasol, etc., I got no relief with the medicine. They are painful to touch. They are growing rapidly and spreading to other areas on the face. I am completely fed up. I am taking Ciprofloxacin and Levocetirizine now after advice by a local practitioner. What do I do now? Please advise.

#

• These are acne. Please do not apply any of the medications mentioned above. Steroids like Clobetasol will only make acne worse.
  • Apply Peroclin 2.5 % gel (a combination of Clindamycin and Benzoyl peroxide) at bedtime over the forehead for an hour, then wash your face.
  • Take an oral antibiotic like capsule Doxycyclin 100 mg twice daily after meals for 15 days.
  • Wash face with Ahaglow (containing Alpha hydroxy acid) face wash.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

My acne is painful and reddish. They are moving and growing all over the face rapidly. The medication prescribed earlier is not available in my local market because it is a rural area. Please give me an alternate medicine, and it is urgent as my face is going dull and acne are painful and more prominent.

#

Take tablet Azithromycin 500 mg one tablet daily after meal for three days a week for four weeks.

|