Q. I have severe acne in my face. Please suggest a better solution to get a clear face.

Dr. Sushil Kakkar

I have severe acne in my face. I am using Erytop cream daily at night time for the past three years. Please suggest me a better solution.

#

Treatment of acne varies according to the severity of the problem. Topical medicines alone are helpful for mild acne. For moderate to severe grade acne, both oral medication and topical treatment are effective. Topical treatment of acne comprises topical antibacterials like Clindamycin, topical Benzoyl peroxide and topical Retinoids. Oral therapy includes oral antibiotics like Doxycycline, Minocycline, Azithromycin, and Oral Retinoids such as Isotretinoin.

Acne scars improve a lot with chemical peeling. Other methods used to improve acne scarring are dermabrasion, micro needling, and fractional CO2 laser. I would be able to guide you better if you upload a picture of the acne affected area. So that, I would be able to judge the severity of your acne and acne scars, and I can guide you appropriately.

|