Q. Kindly tell me the cure for pimple with white patches on the nose.

Dr. G.s.s. Sandeep

I have skin problems on my nose, there is a big pimple which is red and swollen. Also, on my hand, there are some round white patches. I also get a lot of heat boils (yellow in color) on my body. I have shared the pictures. Kindly refer me ointments and tablets for the cure.

#

I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). We will use one thing at a time to minimize complication. Acne on your nose is termed as acne rosacea. Start Minoz (Minocycline) OD 65 mg once daily bedtime for 30 days and La Sheild sunscreen all over face after 10 AM and Minoz BPO gel once daily bedtime for 30 minutes of short contact period on acne then rinse off with cool water. Avoid direct sunlight between 10 to 3, colored food like sausage, alcohol, too spicy and hot food. Avoid getting anger frequently and dairy products after 8 PM. Prefer carrots, millet powder, fish, dry fruits regularly. Report to me after 30 days and try to avoid any other medication during the course of treatment and by chance, if you notice any sort of side-effects, stop using medication and report to a dermatologist nearby you. Otherwise, it is a very safe medication.

Also, I have attached pictures of my hand skin problem. Could you please advice?

#

There are few differential diagnoses for dots on hands (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It may be keratosis pilaris. Start using Xerina moisturizer twice daily after bath and prefer Vitamin A rich diet like milk and carrots during day-time. As professional advice, concentrate only one issue at a time that is acne.

|