Acoustic Trauma

Is ringing in my left ear due to sound from a loudspeaker?

Query: Hi doctor, I went to a chant few days back. There the loudspeaker was very loud. The very next day I noticed that there is ringing in my left ear. Now, it has been four days, but it has not gone. Can you help me? I am very scared. Has it caused any effect on my eardrum? Please see to it. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history of noise exposure and symptoms, it is suggestive of acoustic trauma. It occurs after a single exposure to very intense sound which cause damage to the organ of corti or damage the hair cells. Symptoms include ringing sensation in ear known as tinni...  Read Full »