Acupuncture

My acupuncturist gave me herbs to take rectally for anal fissure. Is this safe?

Query: Hello doctor, My acupuncturist gave me herbs to take rectally for anal fissure which I had previously been taking orally. They are in a lower dosage (25 ml rectally they had been 180 ml orally). When taking them orally, they had to be taken before bed, which helped me to have a good sleep with quit...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not know what medications you are taking. Is it Ashwagandha per the recommendation of an acupuncturist? But I have seen your attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are several tags like structures seen, and it may cause a fissure in ...  Read Full »

I have back pain due to lumbar spinal stenosis. Should I get laminectomy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had back pain for the last 12 years. I had an l5 s1 disc herniation and later diagnosed with severe lumbar spinal stenosis at l4 l5 as well. My back pain is more critical than the leg pain. However, I have persistent calf and foot spasms and cramping (especially in bed and at n...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are quite aware of the condition and have managed to live with the issue, but as you say, you cannot walk not than a mile, but it does not seem to be your main issue. If you required to walk longer, then laminectomy will be the solution, but you need to get relie...  Read Full »

Do you think that a skin test is enough to diagnose scleroderma?

Query: Hi doctor, I traveled to a different country to get more in depth testing of multiple health problems. I was diagnosed with the start of scleroderma, because of my gastrointestinal symptoms, idiopathic angioedema, thickened skin, weird blood vessels (tiny red tree-like veins), family history of scle...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, in my opinion your case could be suggestive of scleroderma¬†(autoimmune disorder - hardening of skin). However, I want to know the pattern of sclerosis. For scleroderma, it should start from hand and reach main trunk. Also, revert back with details of GI symptoms. F...  Read Full »

I have pain in my neck and upper arm, with numbness and tingling in both arms. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have mucosal thickening with aerated secretions in the sphenoid sinuses with surrounding hyperostosis. The mucosal thickening in left maxillary sinus is greater than right maxillary sinus, with trace aerated secretions. Also, opacification of right mastoid air cells and right middle ear...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have sent me the verbatim report of the MRI of the cervical spine and the mastoids. This, however, is very little to help me as I do not know the exact symptoms you have. Do you have more problems with your mastoids or the neck? Do you have pain in the neck or does...  Read Full »