Acute Conjunctivitis

How to treat my baby presenting with sticky water oozing out from one eye?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby boy is 25 days old and he is having sticky water coming from one eye. His eyelids stick together and it is difficult for him to open the eyes.   Read Full »

Dr. M.l. Kothari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be due to infection, conjunctivitis, wash the eyes with lukewarm water three to four times a day. You can use Ciplox (Ciprofloxacin) eye drops one drop three times a day for five days. Try to put in both the eyes and do not put Kajal.  Read Full »

What medicines can be taken for acute conjunctivitis?

Query: Hello doctor, Last week my eyes got red. So, I consulted an eye doctor. The doctor diagnosed it as acute conjunctivitis and prescribed me Vigamox eye drops and Refresh Tears for two weeks. My left eye cured in three to four days and the right eye cured only half. I am not able to understand what to...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The red that you are seeing is an infection. It has just some clotted blood which will go away in 15 days. Do you still have discharge from the right eye? I suggest you change your medication to Moxifloxacin plus Ketorolac Eye Drops twice daily for 10 days and Aquagic...  Read Full »