Q. What medicines can be taken for acute conjunctivitis?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Last week my eyes got red. So, I consulted an eye doctor. The doctor diagnosed it as acute conjunctivitis and prescribed me Vigamox eye drops and Refresh Tears for two weeks. My left eye cured in three to four days and the right eye cured only half. I am not able to understand what to do whether to continue or to consult again? Please suggest how to proceed further.

#

• The red that you are seeing is an infection. It has just some clotted blood which will go away in 15 days.
  • Do you still have discharge from the right eye?
  • I suggest you change your medication to Moxifloxacin plus Ketorolac Eye Drops twice daily for 10 days and Aquagic Eye Drops four times daily for two weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent.

You will be just fine. Regards.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|