Q. My friend is under depression due to work stress. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on May 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

My friend is 40 years old. She was attacked by polio at the age of 3 and unable to walk. She is under depression due to work stress. She is reacting like a mentally challenged sometimes. We do not know what is in her mind. Since two months, she has been reacting this way. Please help us understand what is going on in her mind.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

• She is suffering from polio and has work stress. These are probably the reasons that she behaves weird.
  • If her symptoms persist then please consult a psychiatrist in person for physical evaluation and her treatment. With proper treatment she would come out of this bad phase.
  • SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) are the drugs of choice for these symptoms.

For further doubts consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full »

Having depression and not getting well with SSRI. Can you suggest any treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from depression, anxiety, and OCD. I have tried triglycerides and SSRI, but they do not seem to work. I also have BP and diabetes. I am currently on cardiac medicines as I have undergone angioplasty twice. Please suggest me the treatment for depression.  Read Full »

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article