Q. My friend is under depression due to work stress. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on May 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

My friend is 40 years old. She was attacked by polio at the age of 3 and unable to walk. She is under depression due to work stress. She is reacting like a mentally challenged sometimes. We do not know what is in her mind. Since two months, she has been reacting this way. Please help us understand what is going on in her mind.

#

• She is suffering from polio and has work stress. These are probably the reasons that she behaves weird.
  • If her symptoms persist then please consult a psychiatrist in person for physical evaluation and her treatment. With proper treatment she would come out of this bad phase.
  • SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) are the drugs of choice for these symptoms.

For further doubts consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|