Adjustment Disorder

My life is getting worsen everyday and I cannot even express my feeling. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor,My life is getting worse day by day. I used to be a brilliant student, but nowadays I fail in my exams even if I study for the whole night. My father and brother are not getting a salary, so we have to spend money with care. My sister, who is very close to me, is getting married, so she...  Read Full »

Dr. Anil Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Because you are facing so many stressful events like father and brother not getting salaries and sister getting married, this condition is known as an adjustment disorder. If you are feeling persistently depressed for the last two weeks, feeling hopeless, then you mi...  Read Full »

Are anger issues, fear of abandonment, suicidal or impulsive tendencies due to BPD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am wondering if I have BPD as I do have all the symptoms (with anger issues, fear of abandonment, suicidal or impulsive tendencies, and idealization the most prominent) as well as have passed multiple credible psychological tests. I am currently not on any medication and no formal i...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurav Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can only say that if a psychiatrist has labeled you as a borderline then only you should worry about being one. I would advise you to stop being judgmental about yourself and stop being bothered about how the world judges you. From the description which you have provi...  Read Full »

I had a breakup, fighting with people and irritated with my job. What can I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a problem. I am getting frustrated with a silly thing that is my job. I had a breakup, I am fighting with people on small things. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Did all these problems start after break up? If it is so, this is commonly called as an adjustment disorder. If severe it could lead to depression too. My advice will be to first understand that you are experiencing this problem and it is due ...  Read Full »

Why am I having difficulty to cope after separation from my girlfriend?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old man. My girlfriend left me last month and I am going through severe heart pains and anxiety. My heart pounds and beats very loudly. I cannot concentrate on anything. I am having this constant urge to call her and I am not able to control myself. Due to my constant ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a kind of adjustment disorder. After the breakup you are not able to accept it and having difficulty in adjusting. It is a common problem. You need to take a medicine; it will help you in dealing with this situation. Take tablet Pari CR (Paroxetine 12.5 mg and Clo...  Read Full »

How can I come out of my imaginary game of parallel universe?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from a strange problem. I have played an imaginary game. In the imagination, I had created a parallel universe. I was the head of my country and made the rules. I added the experiences of real life in that game. When I was alone, I played the role of different people li...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably you are suffering because in your imaginary world, you enjoy the things and in the real world you have to adjust yourself according to the situation. This is causing anxiety symptoms and headache leading to poor academic performance. Secondly, the situati...  Read Full »

I am uncomfortable with my baby getting attached to my mother-in-law. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not sure if this is the right category to post my question in. My problem is with my mother-in-law. Or maybe the problem is with me, after all.My baby boy is now 8 months old. He is a handful most days. He is not the type that plays by himself and he gets bored really quickly. He ...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from an adjustment disorder. The anger and frustration are due to your new role as a mother. A mother-child bonding is unique. Nobody can separate your son from you. Of course, he belongs to you. But, he is also her grandchild and hence it is alright...  Read Full »

I am restless as my parents are separating. I need help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have weird restlessness these days, and I do not feel like smiling. Whenever I close my eyes, I feel like smashing something to let out my anger. I do not even know if I should be angry about things that I am worried about. I do not know if they are worth it, but it affects me, and I...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By the history provided, it can be discerned that you are currently experiencing what can be termed as an adjustment disorder, which is a very common occurrence after a person experiences a stressful situation such as the one you are going through with your parents. One p...  Read Full »

Is it normal to not want to go anywhere near your husband?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it normal to not want to be anywhere near your husband? He is not abusive in any way, he just belittles everyone around him. I do not want to go to work or anywhere, I just want to stay home while he is not at home. I am unhappy and I do not feel like myself. I just want to feel no...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It is painful to have such feeling. Before going into the details, I would like to know few details. He is not abusive, but is there any particular dispute between both of you? You have mentioned that he belittles everyone. Does he belitt...  Read Full »

Why am I avoiding every one and feeling alone?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to mingle with people a lot, but since past two years, I am not talking to anyone. I like to be alone. Nowadays, I am always alone, and I have no proper friends too. People think I am immature. The fact is that I do not show the real me. Two years back I had a bad breakup, and sinc...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your issue. You are probably going through a phase called as adjustment disorder or dysthymia. You need to try to get out of it actively. Try to engage yourself in things you like. Start a new resolution and work for it. Practice yoga or daily exercises. Life...  Read Full »

Please explain my mental pressure in professional point of view.

Query: Hi doctor, I am not sure if I should be doing this, but I am worried. I really want to die. I have always considered it, but I have goals like seeing my books published. But, for the past few months, I have cared less for the books and more for how to die. I am trapped in school to study engineering...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms suggest some adjustment issues related to ongoing problems. These issues are resulting in the lack of pleasure and thus deteriorating the depression. The symptoms like a wish to die, inability to find pleasure in anything, feeling weak and tired, panic sympto...  Read Full »