Q. Having fear of going out to public places. Can you suggest any treatments?

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

I am 30 years old and my height and weight are 5'8" and 88 kg respectively. I have symptoms of agoraphobia from my childhood. I cannot go to public places like mall, theater or grocery store. I cannot even travel alone and every time I depend on someone. I feel sad every time with negative thoughts running in my head 24*7. I mistrust everyone and, it is getting worse day by day. I also lack confidence.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it is definitely agoraphobia. Along with that you have developed some depressive symptoms also.

Thyroid function test.

Agoraphobia

I am prescribing you medications for agoraphobia, which will be helpful in depression also.
Tablet Pari CR plus (12.5 mg Paroxetine + 0.5 mg Clonazepam) in the morning for one week.
After one week shift to tablet Pari CR forte ( 25 mg Paroxetine + 0.5 mg Clonazepam) and continue it.

Do deep breathing exercise,specially before going to any public place.
Start daily yoga/ meditation.
Psychotherapy - (exposure and response prevention) close your eyes, imagine yourself in a public place, when anxiety reaches 100 or maximum level, try to relax yourself and control your anxiety. Do it daily .
After a few days, expose yourself in real situation (public place) and try to control your anxiety in the same way as you had done in your imagination.

Revert back to a psychiatrist online after 15 days, to adjust the dosage of medication according to the effect.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 

To stop continuous panic attacks, which drug can be taken other than Clonazepam?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been on Klonopin that is Clonazepam prescribed before 14 years for panic attacks and anxiety. I am currently on the 2 mg dosage and taking it four times a day. This is monitored every few months by my family doctor. For the past one week, I have noticed that I have been experienc...  Read Full »