Q. Why is my son put on Paroxetine in spite of having bad withdrawals previously?

Answered by Dr. Ramchandra Lamba and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Bipolar Disorder or Depression? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My 28 year old son is being treated for bipolar disorder and depression. He has been on and off antidepressants since he was 16 years old due to high anxiety issues. He just started with 50 mg Serquiler one to two tablets at night, 600 mg Gabapentin thrice a day, 20 mg Paxil once a day and Oxcarbazine 600 mg thrice a day. Is this too much? He was previously on 60 mg Paxil and had very hard withdrawal symptoms. Why is he still put on 20 mg?