Q. How can alopecia be treated?

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 02, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a problem with alopecia for four months. My hair is not growing. Kindly suggest some medicine. I am on vitamins.

#

I saw your clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The diagnosis is alopecia areata.

The most effective treatment will be intralesional steroid injection. This is the injection given straight to the bald area.

You need to meet a dermatologist for this.

I suggest you take

• Mometasone cream - apply to the hairless area at night.
  • Tacrolimus 0.1% ointment - apply to the hairless area in the morning.
  • Do this treatment for two months. But, the injection is very effective. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|