Q. How to correct eye muscle coordination without surgery?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2021

I am 25 years old. I have a problem of left eye muscle weakness which is lazy eye and due to which my two eyeballs do not coordinate most of the time. I feel complex and low. Unfortunately, I have been an amazing student and never worried about it. I never did any exercise for it. Can I get this corrected by using a patch and doing exercise for muscle strength? I do not want to go for surgery. Please guide me.

#

• You may have two distinct but inter-related problems of squint and amblyopia. Squint is the deviation of eye and amblyopia is the lazy eye.
  • Patching will work when you are younger, usually less than 10 years of age.
  • Vision therapy is a new treatment available and is non-surgical. So, you may seek the same.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|