Amblyopic Eye

How can blurry vision be permanently cured?

Query: Hello doctor,I am of 21 and I am suffering from permanent blurry eye vision in my only right one. It is by birth. Is there any chance to cure it without any permanent glasses and without any operations. Suggest me, please.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are having blurred vision in your right eye since birth. This kind of presentation can be due to a variety of reasons, the most important being amblyopia. This is a weakness in your vision nerve and the vision centers of your brain. This diagnos...  Read Full »

I have lost my eyesight but can see light and shape of human body. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I cannot see with both of my eyes but I can recognize the light and can see a dark shape of the human body if anyone stands in front of me. My eye sight was lost on drinking a glass of whiskey where I doubt that one of my evil-minded friends added something in that glass because after...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition that you are describing is referred to in medical terminology as methyl alcohol or toxic amblyopia. This presents exactly as you mentioned, with patient losing vision after alcohol intake. The course is variable and patients can have a total loss of visio...  Read Full »

What care and precautions do I need to take for the cylindrical vision?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 4.5 years old. He is having a cylindrical vision with -2.75 power on both the eyes. What care and precaution do I need to take?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keep regular follow ups with your optometrist and eye doctor for repeated refraction for every 3 to 6 months. His refraction will keep on changing till 20 to 25 years of age as the eye grows and the shape of the cornea keeps changing. The main thing is avoid...  Read Full »

My 3 months old baby's vision has not developed yet. Is this normal?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 3 months old now. We got her examined by an eye specialist this week, but the doctor said that her vision is not yet developed due to which she cannot see or differentiate colors. As per the doctor's examination my daughter's eyeballs, retina, etc., are fine but the lin...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What are the symptoms that the child has? Does she have nystagmus or oscillating movements of the eye? Does the child grab toys presented to her? Is the size of her eyes smaller than usual or cross-eyed or squint? Was only a routine examination done for her? Physiologica...  Read Full »

18-weeks-old baby diagnosed with congenital glaucoma and aniridia. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor,My 18 weeks old second daughter was diagnosed to have congenital glaucoma with aniridia and corneal opacities bilaterally at birth for which she underwent bilateral trabeculectomy within 15 days of birth. She achieved peripheral clearance of cornea in both the eyes within few days of surge...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a good sign that glaucoma is under control and cornea has started clearing out. But the main problem here is to stop development of amblyopia which is basically a state where due to prolong blurring of vision brain. Basically starts rejecting images after a certai...  Read Full »

Can you tell me if a unilateral posterior polar cataract has congenital onset?

Query: Hi doctor, Can you please tell me if a unilateral posterior polar cataract has a congenital onset or develops after birth? I am desperately seeking answers as my daughter who is 5 years old has been diagnosed for the first time with a congenital polar cataract. The doctor who originally diagnosed h...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you had an HSV (herpes simplex virus) infection, there are increased chances that this polar cataract is congenital (since birth). Now, during initial years, if there is a hindrance in vision, then due to cataract deprivation, amblyopia sets in. Your ophthalmo...  Read Full »

Exotropia squint in the right eye, Is LASIK and squint surgery Recommended?

Query: Hello doctor,I have an exotropia squint in my right eye from the last 10 to 12 years. Presently I have a very low vision in that eye and near and far vision is blurry. I consulted an ophthalmologist and he recommended a LASIK surgery and after that a squint correction surgery a month later. Should...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You can proceed with the LASIK surgery and the squint correction as advised but please keep the following in mind: Your right eye is amblyopic (lazy eye). So, the vision even after a LA...  Read Full »

Are my Condition related to amblyopia?

Query:  Hi doctor, In my 12 years of age, I found that I had problem with vision in one eye and got it treated by LASIK. I had squint operation too when I was 20 years old. My present condition is that I can see with one eye at a time, but when I concentrate for five minutes then that eye will start pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you had less vision in one eye at the age of 12 years. This goes in favor of the weak eye being amblyopic. Amblyopia with vision problem should be initiated very early in life, before the age of 10 to 12 years. Was any treatment, like patching, ...  Read Full »

Having Lazy eye with vision problem. How can the vision be improved?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 30 years old and is having Lazy eye with vision problem, in her left eye. It is not squint. The other eye is having normal vision. How can the vision be improved?  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Onkar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lazy eye, without squint could lead to the following possibilities: 1. Amblyopia. 2.Retinal problem. 3. Neurological problem. I would advice you to: Take an ophthalmic consultation with full ophthalmic examination. Refraction test. Fundus examination. ...  Read Full »

What would you recommend for amblyopic eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old male and I have some questions about my eyesight. I have amblyopia and strabismus. When I was born, I was almost blind in my left eye around 20/200. My eye doctor made me wear glasses and patch my right eye until I was about 6. As I absolutely hated the patching I wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have explained everything very well. Whenever there is a difference in refractive status of more than 1 diopter between two eyes, there is a chance of amblyopia (lazy eye) when the brain starts ignoring the blurry eye. I think your eye doctor has done a great job that...  Read Full »