Amblyopic Eye

I have myopia in my left eye. What can be done to treat it?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a doctor by profession and I am in my early thirties. I have amblyopia in my right eye and my left eye is -4D. I am worried about my single best eye. How to protect it and not let its eyesight decrease? What options are available for treatment to increase eye-sight in the functional e...  Read Full »

Dr. Hussein Ayoub

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Well, I have reviewed your attached reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity).Yes, you have amblyopia in the right eye due to compound myopic astigmatism.There is not a definite way to protect the other eye.We would just advise regular checkups ever...  Read Full »

My 4-year-old daughter has cylindrical power of 0.75 and 2.5. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, My four-year-old daughter had her first eye test. I was shocked to see that she had cylindrical power in her eyes. The left eye had a power of 0.75, and the right eye had a power of 2.5. Both are cylindrical, and there is no spherical power in the eyes. The doctor checked her vision, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hussein Ayoub

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did she see 6 / 12 with or without glasses correction? No, that is not normal for her age. For her age, she should see 6 / 6 with both eyes, but given that she has a cylinder (a condition we call astigmatism) and has never worn glasses before, she might be amblyopic...  Read Full »

Having Lazy eye with vision problem. How can the vision be improved?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 30 years old and is having Lazy eye with vision problem, in her left eye. It is not squint. The other eye is having normal vision. How can the vision be improved?  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Onkar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lazy eye, without squint could lead to the following possibilities: 1. Amblyopia. 2.Retinal problem. 3. Neurological problem. I would advice you to: Take an ophthalmic consultation with full ophthalmic examination. Refraction test. Fundus examination. ...  Read Full »

How to have eye muscle coordination without undergoing surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25 years old. I have a problem of left eye muscle weakness which is lazy eye and due to which my two eyeballs do not coordinate most of the time. I feel complex and low. Unfortunately, I have been an amazing student and never worried about it. I never did any exercise for it. Ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Bandivadekar Pooja Mohan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may have two distinct but inter-related problems of squint and amblyopia. Squint is the deviation of eye and amblyopia is the lazy eye. Patching will work when you are younger, usually less than 10 years of age. Squint surgery is simple, and an option if the squint is...  Read Full »

How to treat tilted eye presenting with errored vision?

Query: my left eye is tilted and also inactive, i have vision due to my right eye only, left eye has no vision and have a errored vision.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi welcome to icliniq. You are having Esotropia (inward eye deviation) and also poor vision in 1 eye. So deviation of eye may be due to poor vision which may be due to refractive errror, media opacity like cataract or any retina disease...in some cases deviated eye is since birth and that can lead...  Read Full »

I have a low vision in my right eye with number -18. Can it be cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female. I have a low vision in my right eye with number -18. Can it be cured? What are the chances that it will come to my next generation?  Read Full »

Dr. David J Mathew

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, you have a high myopic refractive error (minus 18 diopter) in the right eye. I am assuming that the vision in your left eye is normal. If it is not, then please let me know. The right eye is likely to be amblyopic that is it did not receive e...  Read Full »

How to recover my eyesight?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem with my left eye called astigmatism. My vision without glass is 1/10 and with glass it is just 3/10.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me your investigation report and other relevant details to comment further.Revert back with the reports to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist  Read Full »

What causes restricted eye movement?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 10 days old. His right eye has never turned towards right. It has looked left, straight, up and down but never right. His left eye has a full range of movement. I have read about squint strabismus. However, I do not read anything about a restricted eye movement. Should I be conc...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: HI, Welcome to icliniq.com. Restricted eye movement suggests two things: Duane Retraction syndrome (DRS). Congenital sixth nerve palsy. DRS is usually associated with decrease in palpebral aperture in left gaze and normal in attempted right gaze. So look for that. Both the above are conditions assoc...  Read Full »

When will a lazy eye recover to normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a teenager. My left eye has got a power of -2.50 D and I am near-sighted. Will my lazy eye recover to normal vision by using spectacles? How long does it take?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have told that you have -2.5 D in the left eye but you have not mentioned refraction of the right eye. Please tell me your exact age? From how long you are using glasses? Do you patch your normal eye or have you done patching previously? Please explain the refra...  Read Full »

How can blurry vision be permanently cured?

Query: Hello doctor,I am of 21 and I am suffering from permanent blurry eye vision in my only right one. It is by birth. Is there any chance to cure it without any permanent glasses and without any operations. Suggest me, please.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are having blurred vision in your right eye since birth. This kind of presentation can be due to a variety of reasons, the most important being amblyopia. This is a weakness in your vision nerve and the vision centers of your brain. This diagnos...  Read Full »