Amblyopic Eye

How to have eye muscle coordination without undergoing surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25 years old. I have a problem of left eye muscle weakness which is lazy eye and due to which my two eyeballs do not coordinate most of the time. I feel complex and low. Unfortunately, I have been an amazing student and never worried about it. I never did any exercise for it. Ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may have two distinct but inter-related problems of squint and amblyopia. Squint is the deviation of eye and amblyopia is the lazy eye. Patching will work when you are younger, usually less than 10 years of age. Squint surgery is simple, and an option if the squint is...  Read Full »

How to treat tilted eye presenting with errored vision?

Query: my left eye is tilted and also inactive, i have vision due to my right eye only, left eye has no vision and have a errored vision.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi welcome to icliniq. You are having Esotropia (inward eye deviation) and also poor vision in 1 eye. So deviation of eye may be due to poor vision which may be due to refractive errror, media opacity like cataract or any retina disease...in some cases deviated eye is since birth and that can lead...  Read Full »

I have a low vision in my right eye with number -18. Can it be cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female. I have a low vision in my right eye with number -18. Can it be cured? What are the chances that it will come to my next generation?  Read Full »

Dr. David J Mathew

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, you have a high myopic refractive error (minus 18 diopter) in the right eye. I am assuming that the vision in your left eye is normal. If it is not, then please let me know. The right eye is likely to be amblyopic that is it did not receive e...  Read Full »

How to recover my eyesight?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem with my left eye called astigmatism. My vision without glass is 1/10 and with glass it is just 3/10.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me your investigation report and other relevant details to comment further.Revert back with the reports to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist  Read Full »

What causes restricted eye movement?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 10 days old. His right eye has never turned towards right. It has looked left, straight, up and down but never right. His left eye has a full range of movement. I have read about squint strabismus. However, I do not read anything about a restricted eye movement. Should I be conc...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: HI, Welcome to icliniq.com. Restricted eye movement suggests two things: Duane Retraction syndrome (DRS). Congenital sixth nerve palsy. DRS is usually associated with decrease in palpebral aperture in left gaze and normal in attempted right gaze. So look for that. Both the above are conditions assoc...  Read Full »

When will a lazy eye recover to normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a teenager. My left eye has got a power of -2.50 D and I am near-sighted. Will my lazy eye recover to normal vision by using spectacles? How long does it take?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have told that you have -2.5 D in the left eye but you have not mentioned refraction of the right eye. Please tell me your exact age? From how long you are using glasses? Do you patch your normal eye or have you done patching previously? Please explain the refra...  Read Full »

How can blurry vision be permanently cured?

Query: Hello doctor,I am of 21 and I am suffering from permanent blurry eye vision in my only right one. It is by birth. Is there any chance to cure it without any permanent glasses and without any operations. Suggest me, please.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are having blurred vision in your right eye since birth. This kind of presentation can be due to a variety of reasons, the most important being amblyopia. This is a weakness in your vision nerve and the vision centers of your brain. This diagnos...  Read Full »

I have lost my eyesight but can see light and shape of human body. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I cannot see with both of my eyes but I can recognize the light and can see a dark shape of the human body if anyone stands in front of me. My eye sight was lost on drinking a glass of whiskey where I doubt that one of my evil-minded friends added something in that glass because after...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition that you are describing is referred to in medical terminology as methyl alcohol or toxic amblyopia. This presents exactly as you mentioned, with patient losing vision after alcohol intake. The course is variable and patients can have a total loss of visio...  Read Full »

What care and precautions do I need to take for the cylindrical vision?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 4.5 years old. He is having a cylindrical vision with -2.75 power on both the eyes. What care and precaution do I need to take?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keep regular follow ups with your optometrist and eye doctor for repeated refraction for every 3 to 6 months. His refraction will keep on changing till 20 to 25 years of age as the eye grows and the shape of the cornea keeps changing. The main thing is avoid...  Read Full »

My 3 months old baby's vision has not developed yet. Is this normal?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 3 months old now. We got her examined by an eye specialist this week, but the doctor said that her vision is not yet developed due to which she cannot see or differentiate colors. As per the doctor's examination my daughter's eyeballs, retina, etc., are fine but the lin...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What are the symptoms that the child has? Does she have nystagmus or oscillating movements of the eye? Does the child grab toys presented to her? Is the size of her eyes smaller than usual or cross-eyed or squint? Was only a routine examination done for her? Physiologica...  Read Full »