Q. How will the doctor identify my lazy eye vision percentage?

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Other than the Snellen chart method, how doctors will check the vision of a person? I am a lazy eye person with low vision. How will the doctor identify my vision percentage?

#

There are many methods to check vision, according to the age of the patient. It is different for preverbal or verbal children and for adults.

• Many types of vision charts available. Snellen chart is one of them. There are ETDRS chart early treatment for diabetic retinopathy study), Keeler LogMAR chart, Bailey-Lovie chart, etc.

For lazy eye, usually crowded charts are preferred with more letters in one row like ETDRS chart.

• Then, some other tests are also done like color vision, stereopsis (depth perception), near vision, refraction for best corrected visual acuity and complete eye examination to rule out any cause of decreased vision in lazy eye.
  • You need a full eye examination. Your eye doctor will do accordingly and then advise appropriate treatment.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|