Q. I have low self esteem due to my lazy eye. Please help.

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

I am a 23 year old female and my concern is that I think I have a lazy eye or I might be cross-eyed. I have attached a few pictures. I have consulted many eye care specialists in the past, and they always say my eyes are fine and that because of the epicanthic fold in my eyes, they appear that way. But, I really struggle with it in my daily life. I do not have the confidence to meet new people or go to new places. I am really sad. Please help.

#

• I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It does not look like you have either cross eyes or squint. Regarding lazy eye, we have to check your eye power. Do not be disappointed.
  • Telecanthus is present, which means that the distance between the two eyes is increased and yes, epicanthic folds are present. These are anatomical structures which cannot be altered.
  • If you are really concerned, you can use plain glasses, just for cosmetic purposes. Or, if you are still not happy, I suggest you meet a plastic surgeon.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|