Q. Why are there dizziness, nausea, and vomiting after taking Stamlo 5 mg for BP?

Dr. Muhammad Majid Hanif

I have a blood pressure of 130/80 presently. Earlier I had a BP of 160/96 after which I started taking Stamlo 5 once per day on doctors advice. However, in between, I had dizziness, nausea, and vomiting due to which I met another doctor who changed Stamlo 5 to Aquazide 12.5 biweekly (only on Sunday and Thursday). Will I have a severe problem with my BP as the dosage seems too low? He also suggested taking Stamlo 2.5 everyday instead. What should I follow?

#

I can well understand your worries. I have reviewed your query details. If all the side effects are just due to overdosage of Amlodipine (brand name Stamlo 5 mg) then better is to take 2.5 mg (taking a half dose). If the problem resolves, it is fine. If not, then we can go for other medications. My personal opinion is, it looks like you are having problems due to little higher dosage than you need. So keep taking Stamlo but half the dosage (that is 2.5 mg and this is all what your physician also agreed to).

|