Hypertension or high blood pressure is a health condition where the force exerted by the blood on the artery wall is high. Persistent high blood pressure is a significant risk factor for stroke, heart failure, chronic kidney disease, cardiovascular diseases, etc.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Can Donep M forte and Rejunex CD3 be given together?

Query: Hello doctor, My father suffered a brain stroke before six months and following that, his body is partially paralyzed from the right side. We have shown him to two neurologists and got confused after both gave completely different diagnoses. He had diabetes for a very long time and had blood pressu...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed all your father's therapy. I would explain that there is no interaction between these drugs and it is fine to take them concomitantly. Donep-M (Donepezil plus Memantine) is a drug used for dementia. While Rejunex CD3 is composed of vitamin B1 and alpha lip...  Read Full »

If I quit smoking, will my RBC, hemoglobin, and PCV levels come back to normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from hypertension since few years, and I am currently on medication Telmisartan. I am an alcoholic and smoker, and I smoke approximately 15 cigarettes a day for the last five years. My current CBC report suggests high RBC, hemoglobin, and PCV. Though it reduced slightly ...  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The diagnosis is polycythemia. Polycythemia can be secondary or primary. Secondary polycythemia occurs because of hypoxia, which activates the oxygen sensor and more erythropoi...  Read Full »

I have been hypertensive for 19 years. My feet has neuropathic pain. What do I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been hypertensive for 19 years, and I am taking my medications regularly. I had RTA years ago with some multiple fractures but had no disability. I also have arthritis, and I take medicines for it too. I had allergies bothering me from time to time, and I use Ventolin. Recently...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanya Dhingra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern. I understand that you have multiple ailments right now, and you are taking medications for all. I appreciate that. My advice to you would be to get your vitamin D, and vitamin B12 levels checked only after which I...  Read Full »

Should blood pressure be controlled for patients suffering from portal hypertension, diabetes, and hypertension post-COVID?

Query: Hello doctor, I am giving the medical history of my brother, who is 56 years old. He is presently suffering from hypertension, diabetes type-1, hypothyroidism, and portal hypertension in liver gastropathy. He has a cyst on his left kidney. He has been suffering from pancreatitis for the last 36 year...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern. Actually, post-COVID hypertension is common; that is why the cardiologist is suggesting to wait and watch. I would suggest you do the same, and once his immunity gets stronger, then everything will be fine. He ha...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for high BP in the evening?

Query: Hello doctor,My age is 43. My weight is 76 kg, and my height is 170 cm. I was an athlete and discontinued sports around ten years back. I am an ecology and environment consultant by profession. I was diagnosed with hypertension six years back and was taking medicine last year. My BP reached the high...  Read Full »

Dr. Anoop Mathew

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The basic question is if you really have hypertension or all along was it just what we call white coat hypertension, which shows high blood pressure readings in the hospital alone. So, to answer this we have two options. First, you can do a home BP recording with a re...  Read Full »

My mother is taking medications for hypertension and anxiety. What can we do to keep her healthy?

Query: Hi doctor,I have attached my mother's latest blood reports. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to keep her healthy. She is currently taking tablet Telma Beta 25 mg for hypertension and tablet Gabatin 100 mg for carpal tunnel syndrome. In addition, she began taking anti-anxiety me...  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I have reviewed the reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). I recommend starting with an anti-lipidemic medication such as tablet Atorvastatin (Lipitor) or tablet Rosuvastatin (Crestor). Her HbA1c level is also at b...  Read Full »

I am diabetic and hypertensive and have undergone angioplasty. I recently had erectile dysfunction. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am in my early fifties, have been diabetic and hypertensive for three years, and have undergone angioplasty. Currently I am taking under-noted medicines: Capitab-A/75. Rancad. Tsart-40. Rozavel-F. Carzec. Amaryl M2. Janumet-50/500. Currently I am facing problems with erectile dysfunct...  Read Full »

Dr. Duraisamy Palanisamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Erectile dysfunction for diabetic and cardiac patients is common. But, you should be careful while taking the medicines. Never use Viagra (sildenafil), which is readily available in the market. It would be best if you control your diabetes ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for swelling in my ankles after taking antihypertensives?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 54 years old, taking S-Numlo 5 and Supermet XL 50 twice daily. My blood pressure is 140/84 mm of Hg, but I have noticed swelling in both my ankles. Can you suggest alternative medicine I can take once a day to control my pressure? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Since you have swelling of both ankles, it is drug-related. Tablet S-Numlo 5 (Amlodipine) is sometimes seen to cause swelling of the ankles. Also, you have a long-standing history of hypertension, so you must do certain tests such as: Compl...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to take medicines for tricuspid regurgitation and aortic stenosis separately?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife aged 72, weight 65 kg, is a diabetic type 2 for the past six years, hypertensive for the past two years, is suffering from moderate tricuspid regurgitation, aortic valve sclerosis, and pulmonary hypertension for the past two years. Her systolic function is good and there is no d...  Read Full »

Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. On the face of diabetes and hypertension with raised cholesterol and LDL, I suggest you add tablet Rosuvas (Rosuvastatin) one tablet daily after dinner. Consult your doctor. I think the dose of anti-diabetes medicine could be adjusted to reduce his blood sugar level to ...  Read Full »

I am a 21-year-old male suffering from hypertension and headache with slight pain in my chest. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male suffering from a headache for the past week. I did a blood test, and the reports were normal. The next day I visited a neurologist, who said that my blood pressure was 170/80 mmHg, so he gave me some painkillers, an intramuscular injection, a sublingual tablet, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. I reviewed your query. At your age, the combination of high blood pressure and headaches needs to be investigated. One rare but significant cause is a mass in the abdomen known as pheochromocytoma. So you can ask your physician to investiga...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.