Q. Will the brief use of anabolic steroids impact my hormonal profile in the future?

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 25, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 27, 2021

I am hoping you can give me some answers about what I can do for health optimization going forward.

About myself, I recently turned 25, and have been lifting weights seriously since 18 years old. My height is 6’, and my weight is 198 lbs and about 14% body fat. When I was 19, I did an Anavar solo cycle with Clomid PCT, and I did one Halodrol cycle at 21 with another month of Clomid PCT. I have been off all anabolics since and wish I had never touched them. I have some fear that this brief usage impacted my hormonal profile going forward. My recent hormonal panel at 25 was a total test of 535 ng/dL, Estradiol 30 ng/dL, and I had a TSH of 4.9.

1. Do you think the brief usage impacted my natural hormones going forward?

2. I wish these levels were higher, as I do not have the libido that I used to. However, these are totally within the normal range, and I would not do anything but low dose Clomid or Aromasin to slightly increase. Could this work?

3. Would watching these levels and starting TRT at 30 be a healthy decision?

4. Would you pursue Levothyroxine to get TSH below 2.5?

I am starting medical school soon and mainly trying to start with confidence in my health.

#

Thanks for asking me.

Regarding your questions.

Do not worry the previous usage of pro hormones will not have any effect on your health. As your Testosterone and Estrogen levels are normal. I do not think you need to use any medication to increase the levels. Even if your levels are increased, it will not add anything to the functional aspect. I think you avoid using TRT (thyroid replacement therapy) and others, and I do not feel Clomid (Clomifene) is needed as well. Your current TSH thyroid stimulating hormone) is fine, and I will not advise you to start any medication to decrease it. You can re-check your TSH in three months period.

Thanks.

|