Q. Will the brief use of anabolic steroids impact my hormonal profile in the future?

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

I’m hoping you can give me some answers/insight about what I can do for health optimization going forward.

About myself, I recently turned 25 and have been lifting weights seriously since 18 years old. I am 6’, 198 lbs and about 14% bf. When I was 19 I did an anavar solo cycle with Clomid pct and I did one halodrol cycle at 21 with another month of clomid pct. I have been off all anabolics since and wish I had never touched them. I have some fear that this brief usage impacted my hormonal profile going forward.

My recent hormonal panel at 25 was a total test of 535 ng/dl, estradiol 30 pg/dl, and I had a tsh of 4.9.

1. Do you think the brief usage impacted my natural hormones going forward?

2. I wish these levels were higher, as I don’t have the libido that I used to. However, these are totally within the normal range and I wouldn’t do anything but low dose clomid or Aromasin to slightly increase. Could this work? 3. Would watching these levels and starting trt at 30 be a healthy decision? 4. Would you pursue Levothyroxine to get tsh below 2.5?

I am starting medical school soon, and mainly trying to start with confidence in my health.

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Diabetology Endocrinology
# Hi. Good day dear. Thanks for asking me. Regarding ur questions.
Don’t worry the previous usage of pro harmons will not have any affect on your health.
As your testosterone estrogen levels are normal I don’t think you need to use any medication to increase the levels. Even if your levels will be increased it will not add on anything to functional aspect.
I think you avoid using TRT and Others and I don’t feel clomid is needed as well
Ur current TSH is ok and I will not advise to start any medication to decrease it. You can recheck your TSH in three months period.
Thanks

|