Testosterone Level

Do I need to take Arimidex to inhibit high E2 levels?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. I just want check whether my T/E2 values are proper not because I am suffering from most of the symptoms of high estrogen levels like enlarged prostate, extreme fatigue, anxiety, muscle loss, belly side fat, loss of libido, knee and joint pains, etc., for more than 10 ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I would like to inform you that your testosterone is completely normal but not estradiol. The maximum physiological level is 40 pg/ml and the level above this rings alarm bell and should be investigated. T...  Read Full »

Can high LH cause erectile dysfunction?

Query: Hello doctor, In recent past I was suffering from ED. I visited a nearby Andrology specialist, he did some tests and found that below values. He stated that LH is very high. Is there any relation of sperm count and ED when we have high value of LH. Is it curable? My LH value is 8.6. Please help me...  Read Full »

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. ED can have many causes. One of them is low testosterone. Whenever the testosterone levels are low, our pituitary gland tries to stimulate testosterone production by producing more LH. I saw your test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Testosteron...  Read Full »

When should Histrelin implant be removed in precocious puberty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female. I was diagnosed seven years ago for central precocious puberty and was treated with three annual implants of Histrelin. The third implant still has not been removed after about four years. I have looked at procedure guidelines online that say that the implant must be re...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, Histrelin implant should have been removed after one year. Please speak about this to your doctor. Histrelin implant is a synthetic analogue of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist. It works by decreasing the production of certain hormones, which reduces e...  Read Full »

Will hepatitis B affect testosterone level or libido?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 41 years old, and I am working on different shifts for 15 years. Also, I had hepatitis B noncontagious and having medicine Tenvir. I had no libido for a month or two month and reaching to three months. And when I have a libido, I do not get an erection fast, but when I get it, it...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Abdul Kader

Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In chronic liver disease, testosterone level may fall, the ratio with estrogen may alter, and in advanced disease, there may be testicular atrophy, gynecomastia. Recent studies show testosterone level can predict the outcome of end-stage liver disease. The functional...  Read Full »

Why do some guys have a girly figure?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am 181 cm tall and I weigh 70 kg. All the members in my family are tall, but I am not that big when compared to my father and brother. I am mentally depressed since my childhood. It is all about my body. I was a female looking boy with very soft body, less...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepika Gorthy

Family Physician, Microbiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I totally understand your anxiety. Based on the description which you have given, there could be a possibility of Klinefelter syndrome. This condition can be seen in about one in 600 boys. A normal male will have a chromosomal pattern of XY. However, in case of Klinefelt...  Read Full »

Does hormonal acne indicate sensitivity to testosterone?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from hormonal acne for almost nine years now. I do not have any other medical problems nor I am on any medications currently. I did some investigations to rule out what my problem is exactly, testosterone, DHEA, FSH, LH, progesterone, TFT, RBS and the results of all...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have acne. Usually, it is not recommended to do estradiol test for acne. However, you can visit your gynecologist for ruling out polycystic ovarian syndrome because that can give rise to acne...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for germinal cell aplasia?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 34 years old. He has low testosterone levels. His semen analysis showed no sperm. No, inhibit B detected. He made a testes biopsy from both sides. The biopsy diagnosis was morphological change compatible with germinal cell aplasia. Microscopic description: Section show semin...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. From the information you have provided, conception naturally is not possible. Also, there is currently no treatment to correct his abnormalities. The testicular biopsy procedure would have only examined a very small area of the testis. By...  Read Full »

Can low testosterone levels cause fatigue and increased heart rate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male, and I am studying nutritional science. Over the past year, I have been experiencing these symptoms. I have a fast pounding heart, especially after a night of drinking. The following morning, I always wake up early to a pounding heart, and it scares me. This happen...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your BMI (body mass index) is 34, in obesity, the decreased levels of testosterone-binding protein cause a decrease in the total testosterone levels, but not the normal free level. Before we evaluate you for low testosterone, we need to confirm it by doing free te...  Read Full »

Should I worry about my testosterone level of 335?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. My height is 6 feet and weight is 90 kg. My total testosterone level is 335. My other tests were all normal except 25-hydroxy vitamin D, which is 6.83. Should I be worried?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Your testosterone level is within normal limits, but vitamin D level is low. You need to take Vitamin D3 and Calcium. With low vitamin D, level there is a possibility of low calcium and weak ...  Read Full »

What is the ideal testosterone level in men?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 30 year old male. My height is 5'7" and weight is 79 kg. I recently did some tests and the findings are as follows. Testosterone 239 ng/dL, HDL 24 mg/dL, VLDL 60 mg/dL, triglycerides 302 mg/dL, Vitamin D 29 ng/dL, Vitamin B12 164 pg/mL and HbA1c 5.2%. My BP is under control. I also ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your age, the Normal Testosterone Levels should be around 270-1000 ng/dL. The report of yours shows lower levels. Obesity or overweight is one of the important reasons for low laboratory levels of testosterone. Semen analysis can tell if you can have a ...  Read Full »