Q. I had a surgery for anal fistula before 3 months, how to pack the cavity now?

Dr. Arvind Guru

Hello, i had a surgery for an anal fistula before 3 months. The doctor asked to mesh with sterile tamponadebine daily. However im on holidays in my nativetown where they dont have this. I wanted to know how many days can i stay without packing the cavity and there is an alternative

#

Hi

Welcome to icliniq

You surgical site wound seems healthy and is healing well. At this stage I think the pain would also be manageable. It would be best if you can upload your surgery records and the doctor's advice, before I can suggest you an alternative. Still, one thing that is surely beneficial and not going to do any harm is Sitz bath (as would already be instructed by your surgeon), So continue those, till this thing heals. You can use any plain sterile gauge piece to cover it after the sitz bath. Do not use cotton directly on the wound site. I hope that helps. Do follow up with surgical records.

Fistula-in Ano Status: Post operative: ? Fistulectomy

| 

Why is pus coming out of the wound after anal fistula surgery?

Query: I done kshala sutra treatment for fistula .But iam getting pus from that wound from last 10 days continuously.surgery was done 15 days back. Actually, I got this problem 6 months back but at that time it was cured temperarely but from last 2 months iam facing pus then I contacted doctor .he said it ...  Read Full »

How are bleeding piles treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my kidney transplant two months ago. Now, I am suffering from piles. Can you suggest me some medicine?  Read Full »

Kindly suggest some ayurveda medicine for my anal fistula.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old male. I am facing fistula problem. I have visited a doctor and taking allopathy medicine for the last one year. I would like to go with ayurveda treatment. I am getting a problem with the fistula at least once in a month and if I take allopathy medicine, then it will r...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a General Surgeon Now