Q. I had a surgery for anal fistula before 3 months, how to pack the cavity now?

Dr. Arvind Guru
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 22, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 23, 2021

I uderwent a surgery for an anal fistula three months back. The doctor advised me to use a mesh with sterile tamponadebine daily. As I am in my native home town, I do not have this here. I want to know how many days can I stay without packing this cavity? Can I have an alternative?

#

Hi

Your surgical site wound seems to be healthy with good healing. At this stage, your pain can be manageable. It would be best if you can upload your records and your doctor's advice before getting an alternative. You can have a sitz bath. Continue using it until you get completely healed. You can use any plain sterile gauze piece to cover it after using a sitz bath. Do not use cotton directly over the wound site. Have a follow-up with your surgical records.

You have fistula-in-ano. You need to take care of it postoperatively.

|