Q. Why am I having painful vaginal tear after sexual intercourse?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

I had rough sex recently and it caused a tear in my vagina. When I use a mirror to examine myself I can see some of the cuts. It is near the entrance of my vaginal canal but not inside, positioned more towards my perineum. It has been healing for two days now and still really hurts. I have been taking sitz baths, using Vaseline, taking Ibuprofen. I have not experienced any bleeding, odd discharge or odor. Do I need to see a gynecologist or is this just a superficial tear that can heal within a week with rest?

#

Small superficial tears generally heal fast. Continue taking sitz bath with Betadine drops, Ibuprofen for pain but instead of Vaseline, apply some antiseptic ointment. Vaseline prevents raw ends to meet. Medical support is required, only if you develop pus, odor, discharge, etc. Was it an unprotected one? Please rule out pregnancy after two weeks, or if missed periods.

|