Analgesic

Please help me get rid of pain due to ankle sprain.

Query: Hi doctor,I have chronic ankle sprains in both the ankles. I have this for maybe a year now. I went to PT and have been doing exercises. But, about a week ago, my ankle began to pop. It is happening once in a while. It really hurts and I have to pause for a couple minutes for the pain to settle. Is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hope this message finds you in good health. I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern. I generally see many cases like this in my clinic. I give them a splint, rest, analgesics, anti-inflammatory tablets and ice pack till the swelling reduces to som...  Read Full »

Is pain and swelling common after arthroscopic surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I did hurt my ankle 2 years ago then went for an MRI 11 months back. The following month I had an arthroscopic surgery (OCD MTD). Now, even after nine months it still swells up, painful and I do not have full range of motion. It hurts a lot when I run or jump. I have been doing physio...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and the MRI reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You had an osteochondritic lesion of talus (OLT) reputed last year, the fresh MRI shows that the repair done is perfectly fine with no signs of osteoarthritis of ...  Read Full »

Is chiropractic treament the only option for shooting pain in lower back and buttocks?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. I currently have unbearable pain in my lower back and buttocks area. Every time I get up, the pain gets much worse and feel shooting pain down my leg, which gets me to a point that I have to pause two to five seconds. I went to a chiropractor yesterday and he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case. Medications like Methylcobalamine with Pregabalin and analgesic will reduce pain. You can take them consulting your treating doctor. Some exercises which can be done after pain have reduced include spine extension exercises, lying on your s...  Read Full »

Please suggest some medicine for earache.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife who is 27 years old having cold since 3-4 days. Right now she is having severe earache. I have already given her painkiller like Combiflam and Nicip. Also gave her cough syrup Benadryl. The earache is very severe and she is not able to bear it. Can you recommend some medicine?...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine concern. Your wife might be having throat infection which has spread to the internal ear. This infection is causing congestion and severe ear pain. As you have already given her oral analge...  Read Full »

I am getting swelling over my face followed by toothache. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had toothache for the past 48 hours. It made the right side of my face to completely swell. The toothache has now gone, but the swelling is increasing and started affecting the eye area. I have applied heat and ice to the swollen area, but neither have worked. Please give me some advice...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The swelling that you have seems to be an abscess or pus due to infection. This infection is most likely due to your tooth decay over a long period of time, which has spread to bone and around your soft tissues like muscles. In the face region, swelling increases rapidly ...  Read Full »

What is cervical rib?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 6 years old. She always complains that she feels some pain in the back side of her neck. We have checked with an orthopedician. From her x-ray, he said that this is due to cervical rib, an extra bone in the neck. Please suggest regarding this.  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti A. Goel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cervical rib is an extra rib above the first rib. Nothing needs to be done as of now and she needs to be reassured. If the rib causes serious problems like arterial compression or nerve pressure in the future, then it can be removed by surgical methods. As of now, I would...  Read Full »

How to manage my mother's plantar fasciitis?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother, who is 50, is suffering from plantar fasciitis. She lives in a remote area and so, regular physical and ESWT therapy is not feasible. I am planning to buy a portable ESWT device. Will this be helpful and feasible to use them at home without any assistance? Is there any side e...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Plantar fasciitis, which is inflammation of foot tissue, can be reduced by decrease weight bearing, by wearing different footwear and by physiotherapy. TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) will not be an effective one. You need to take ultrasound therapy wit...  Read Full »

I am getting knee pain even with a simple activity. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 27 year old male. My weight is 85 kg and height is 179 cm. About 2 years ago, I participated in a half marathon. On that day, I started feeling pain in both knees above the patella. I think in quadriceps tendon. I followed RICE and the pain went off. But, after that, whenever I do s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti A. Goel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your symptoms and pain, I have a few points to mention. It is possible that the pain is due to quadriceps pull. However, a condition called chondromalacia patellae should also be ruled out. Do you have pain in climbing upwards or upstairs? I wou...  Read Full »