Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I was suggested to get coronary angiogram for inducible ischemia. What is your suggestion?

Answered by
Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode
and medically reviewed by Dr.Nithila A
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 09, 2019

Hello doctor,

I am a 34-year-old male. I have recently done a master health check-up. One of the key observations of the checkup was TMT (stress test) is borderline positive for inducible ischemia. Upon consulting cardiologist and post-screening echo, he has suggested doing a coronary angiogram. Could you please assess the attached reports and provide a second opinion on the condition and the way forward. Kindly let me know if you need any further details on the same.Few pointers of the routine and habits

1. I do mild exercise. (Play badminton once in two weeks or one week).

2. I do booze (beer) once in two weeks or once in a week.

3. I do not smoke. But I used to smoke 10 years back.

4. I eat non-vegetarian, once or twice in a week.

5. No history of cardiac problems, nor in my family.

6. No abnormal pain in the chest during TMT nor any time during physical activity.

7. Mild gastric pain once or twice in a week. This started about one to two weeks ago, probably due to outside food.

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine


Welcome to

Although you do not have any symptoms, but your ECG and TMT shows changes. Your echo is also normal. But we cannot neglect your ECG changes which are striking. So it is better to undergo angiography and get it clarified. Also, sometimes such changes may be seen in hypertensive individuals, but you do not thave such history. So, overall, in my opinion you should undergo coronary angiography to clear the picture. I hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Can you give me a medical opinion on CT angiogram?
Kindly advice the necessary medication according to the coronary angiogram report.
Kindly look at my MRI and advice whether I have coronary artery disease.
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Please suggest ways to cure spinal deformity.

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to know which avenue to go down to treat my issues. I believe I have something wrong with my legs which cause my body to strain. The first memory I can remember was having very excruciating pain in my legs at night when I was a young teenager. As I got older my knees started ...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the abnormality present in my coronary CT angiogram.

Query: Hello doctor, I recently went for a coronary CT angiogram. I received the following report. While my GP explained my arteries were clear, he did not explain the anomaly apparently, which is in the middle line of the page I have attached. Should I be concerned about this? What does it mean exactly?...  Read Full »

Why is there pain from breast bone to shoulder and down the arm?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a pain that goes from my breast bone under my left breast up to my left shoulder and down my arm. It is a dull consistent pain but sometimes becomes sharp. I am a six time MI patient and have had two light strokes. I had a similar pain three years back during a massive hea...  Read Full »

Also Read

This article provides you with all the information that you should be knowing about miscarriage. Although this is an emo...  Read more»
COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing includes analyzing patient samples to determine current or past infections with SARS-CoV-2. Read the ar...  Read more»
I feel a restlessness in my legs, which decreases my sleep quality. How to get a refreshing sleep?
Hello doctor, I cannot get refreshing sleep some days in a week, and some days it is good. I also have difficulty sleep...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Cardiologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.