Q. I was suggested to get coronary angiogram for inducible ischemia. What is your suggestion?

I am a 34-year-old male. I have recently done a master health check-up. One of the key observations of the checkup was TMT (stress test) is borderline positive for inducible ischemia. Upon consulting cardiologist and post-screening echo, he has suggested doing a coronary angiogram. Could you please assess the attached reports and provide a second opinion on the condition and the way forward. Kindly let me know if you need any further details on the same.Few pointers of the routine and habits

1. I do mild exercise. (Play badminton once in two weeks or one week).

2. I do booze (beer) once in two weeks or once in a week.

3. I do not smoke. But I used to smoke 10 years back.

4. I eat non-vegetarian, once or twice in a week.

5. No history of cardiac problems, nor in my family.

6. No abnormal pain in the chest during TMT nor any time during physical activity.

7. Mild gastric pain once or twice in a week. This started about one to two weeks ago, probably due to outside food.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Although you do not have any symptoms, but your ECG and TMT shows changes. Your echo is also normal. But we cannot neglect your ECG changes which are striking. So it is better to undergo angiography and get it clarified. Also, sometimes such changes may be seen in hypertensive individuals, but you do not thave such history. So, overall, in my opinion you should undergo coronary angiography to clear the picture. I hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

|