Q. Kindly explain the abnormality present in my coronary CT angiogram.

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 24, 2021

I recently went for a coronary CT angiogram. I received the following report. While my GP explained my arteries were clear, he did not explain the anomaly apparently, which is in the middle line of the page I have attached. Should I be concerned about this? What does it mean exactly? Thank you.

#

Hi.

We are here to help you. I have studied your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• One of your arteries is not following the normal anatomical course as in other people. However, this is a normal variant as is not going to harm you. There is no blockage.
  • You can understand it with an example that all of your members come to home through one way and one of your notorious son takes another route that is a little curving, but a normal route.

For further information consult a cardiologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Does this variant increase my chance of angina or heart attack down the line?

#

• No, it will not increase the chance of heart attack. However, I would like to know your symptoms for which this angiogram was performed.

Revert with the details to a cardiologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|