Q. Kindly explain the abnormality present in my coronary CT angiogram.

I recently went for a coronary CT angiogram. I received the following report. While my GP explained my arteries were clear, he did not explain the anomaly apparently, which is in the middle line of the page I have attached. Should I be concerned about this? What does it mean exactly? Thank you.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

Hi.

We are here to help you. I have studied your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• One of your arteries is not following the normal anatomical course as in other people. However, this is a normal variant as is not going to harm you. There is no blockage.
  • You can understand it with an example that all of your members come to home through one way and one of your notorious son takes another route that is a little curving, but a normal route.

For further information consult a cardiologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

| 

Does this variant increase my chance of angina or heart attack down the line?

#

• No, it will not increase the chance of heart attack. However, I would like to know your symptoms for which this angiogram was performed.

Revert with the details to a cardiologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

| 

Can you give me a medical opinion on CT angiogram?

Query: Hello doctor, Please, could you give your medical opinion on the following CT angiogram? My query would be for you to look at the jugular veins which are near C1 in the neck. Symptoms have progressed over the course of four years, dizziness, neck pain, chronic headache, and collapse. The report ha...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for atrial fibrillation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have good health with occasional atrial fibrillation. Last night, I had a flare up of atrial fibrillation and my resting heart rate was 130 beats per minute which happened a few hours ago. My normal resting heart rate is 70 beats per minute. I am taking Magnesium and Potassium.  Read Full »