Q. Why is there pain from breast bone to shoulder and down the arm?

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Myocardial Infarction or Esr? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am having a pain that goes from my breast bone under my left breast up to my left shoulder and down my arm. It is a dull consistent pain but sometimes becomes sharp. I am a six time MI patient and have had two light strokes. I had a similar pain three years back during a massive heart attack. I am on Aspirin 81 mg, Ranitidine 150 mg, Furosemide 40 mg, Paroxetine 20 mg, Clopidogrel 75 mg, Isosorb 120 mg (two times a day), Meclizine 25 mg, Robaxin 500 mg, Atorvastatin 40 mg, Ropinirole 5 mg, Klor-Con 20 mg.