Q. I accidentally put some weight on my injured ankle and it hurts. Please help.

Dr. Lokesh

I broke my ankle two weeks ago and had surgery. I went for a checkup after two weeks and the doctor took off the cast and put me in an airboot. But, when I was out, I accidentally put a bit of weight on the ankle with the boot on. It did not hurt that much at that time. After getting home the other day, I took off the boot and took a shower. But, when I put the boot back on, the left side of my ankle started hurting. When I take the boot off, there is less pain. But, when it is on, there is way more pain. I have been taking Ibuprofen for pain (three times a day every six hours).

#

Since you put weight on it, you need to get a check X-ray done.

1. Get an X-ray of the affected ankle joint in AP and lateral views and follow up.
  2. Continue the same medicines.
  3. Use a walker or crutches if you want.
  4. Sit in the bathroom and take a shower. Use a plastic chair.
  5. Get the new X-rays done and follow up. Till then, you can wrap an Elastocrepe bandage inside the walking boot to reduce swelling.

This professional advice provided by me stands subject to the actual examination of report/image and is based entirely on inputs provided to me. It should be correlated with clinical findings.

For more information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|