Q. Can I use Nexret gel for anti-aging?

Published on Jun 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 35 year old female with borderline oily skin living in a very humid city. Only gel-based products work for my skin. I was wondering if I could start using Nexret gel, as a night treatment for anti-aging and general maintenance on a long-term basis. I have a few sun spots and pimple marks that need to go. My father and grandfather have vitiligo, and that is one reason I fear using products that tamper with the pigmentation process. Currently, I am using a face wash, Micellar water, and an anti-shine gel moisturizer in the morning and night. I also use vitamin C day gel and a sunscreen gel with SPF 50 in the day. Thank you so much in advance.

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have seen your query and concern. Please attach a picture if possible, for better evaluation.

• I suggest using Nexret gel (Tretinoin) 0.04 % daily at night, but not on a long-term basis because it can cause hypopigmentation. You can use it for 1 to 2 months, and then you can switch over to Depiwhite advanced lightening cream. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start using the medicine after their consent.
  • The other gels that you are using seem to be good.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thank you for your prompt response. I am sending you photos. I want to avoid using whitening products. I want to use anti-aging products that help with skin looking healthier and smoother. Would not a form of retinoid work well in the long-term for collagen production and overall cell turnover? Is there a gel-based product that will not cause hypopigmentation that I can make a part of my skin care regime?

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have examined your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• After examining your pictures, it seems you have very few pimples marks. I think your present marks will subside in 2 to 3 months of using Nexret gel, beside this you can go for chemical peels, which will be a safer option for skin rejuvenation or anti-aging in your case because you do not want to use skin whitening products.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Which medicine should I take for patchy beard?

Query: Hi doctor, Actually, my skin tone is medium and is very oily. I want to have a white and fair skin tone. I also want to get rid of this oily skin. I have been taking Omega 3 capsules for two months as someone told me that it will help me for my skin, but I did not notice any changes. Now, one of my ...  Read Full »

I found pimples on my private parts. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I found pimples on my private parts yesterday. But, I do not feel any irritation. Please help.  Read Full »

Why is my face darker than the rest of my body?

Query: Hello doctor, The color of the skin on my face is too dark when compared to the skin on my nose, cheeks, and rest of my body. How can I restore the original color on my face?  Read Full »