Anti-ccp

My finger joints are stiff every morning. Is it a type of arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I get stiff joints in the fingers (like an elastic effect) when I get up from bed in the morning. I also get ankle pain. After a few movements, I am fine. I consulted a rheumatologist who mentioned that it is psoriatic arthritis. My joint pain is very mild and comes only when I am id...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have an inflammatory joint pain which is causing a stiffness of the joints once they are rested. This is called jelly phenomenon. If you have psoriasis or any member in your family has psoriasis then one can call it psoriatic arthritis. Th...  Read Full »

What is the recovery period for rheumatism?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is having swelling over the collarbone and back. Our doctor diagnosed rheumatism after blood test. Now, she has pain in ribs when she carries our 2 year old son or any weight. Our doctor had prescribed Bon-DK, Bon-K2, etc. How long will it take to recover? Is this a serious probl...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, the treatment given is right. The prescribed medicines and the dosages are all fine. She needs to take some anti-inflammatory medicines to reduce the inflammation and the swelling of the soft tissues. Her ESR being high (attachment removed to protect patient identit...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in my hands and wrists?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having pain in my hands and wrist and it started a few months ago. It is typically in the morning. I visited a doctor and she did blood tests. The result flagged in my blood tests was anti-Sm/RNP 2.8 and she has referred me to a rheumatologist, who cannot see me for the next two ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, the antibody as such does not match your symptoms. It is an antibody for autoimmune disease more like SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus). Since it is positive, I would like to know if your ANA (antinuclear antibody) was positive as well, or only this came positive. ...  Read Full »

What is the exact cause for my knee pain and swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old female. My height is 5'4" and my weight is 64 kg. I am suffering from left knee pain with some swelling and stiffness for the past three years. I am taking Sazo 2000 and OXC 200 for two months, but had no relief. I have ANA 48.5 and CRP 7.9. My MRI showed no tears, but...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted. Kindly tell me more details about your problem. Since when is the pain in the left knee present? Do you have any other joint pain like wrist or elbow? Your ANA (antinuclear antibody) report is positive. Kindly upload the report ...  Read Full »

Why do I have minor joint pain and back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, About six weeks ago, I started having pain in my right index finger. It was mainly when I used my mouse. A few days after, both of my hands started hurting. It was mainly in my right-hand joints, but also in other parts of the hand too. I got scared that I got rheumatoid arthritis. I read...  Read Full »

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

Rheumatologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You do not have rheumatoid arthritis. There is only pain and swelling in the joints along with morning stiffness. If you have pain, you can take Tylenol (Paracetamol). But if there is swelling, fatigue or morning stiffness you can consult a rheumatologist for evaluation...  Read Full »

I have ankle and calf muscle pain. Could it be RA?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male, suffering from RA from the last two years and recently started the treatment with an orthopedic doctor for AVN of the hip. I have been told by my orthopedician at icliniq to consult a rheumatologist for my ankle and calf muscle pain, and for my RA medication an...  Read Full »

Dr. Durgesh Srivastava

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through the details of your query, there are a few things to be clarified first. You have not mentioned any involvement of the small joints of hands, wrists or feet. The joints you have mentioned only include large joints. If it is really so, then the likel...  Read Full »

Which foods are beneficial in arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is suffering from arthritis. Is cow milk harmful to consume in her case (she drinks it daily)? Which foods are very beneficial for this disease or diet plan to remove it from the body as early as possible? Please reply. I need your help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your RA factor is positive. So, for confirming rheumatoid arthritis, anti-CCP investigation can be done. Local part X-ray also needs to be done. Spinach, beet juice, and green leafy vegetabl...  Read Full »

I get joint pains, 3 to 4 times a month. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from joint pains from last two years. I get pain in fingers, palms, knee joints, heels, and soles. I consulted doctors few times, and they tell me to take Colchicine, Dolo, Myotop, and Nucoxia, whenever I get pain. But these days, I am getting the pain very frequently, lik...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This seems to be related to inflammatory arthritis. Your lab reports are not clear, please attach them again. Regards. Revert with more information to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumato...  Read Full »

I have joint pain since delivery, especially in my hands. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 33 and since having my baby a year ago I am suffering from joint pain, especially in my wrists and fingers. I have pins and needles sensation at times and writing is becoming difficult. I just got my reports and have elevated CRP and low folate. Any idea what could be wrong?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have pain in the small joints of your body with an elevated CRP (C-reactive protein) level. I suggest you go for an investigation to rule out rheumatoid arthritis. Do anti-CCP (anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide) and RF (Rheumatoid factor)...  Read Full »

From the MRI, can you tell me what is the reason for my back pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old unmarried male. I have back pain problem (stiffness) for more than three years, and everyone gives the feedback that my posture was not proper while walking. Two years before I consulted a doctor. He suspected ankylosing spondylitis, but HLA-B27 was negative. By seei...  Read Full »

Dr. Brungi Mahesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like spondyloarthropathy and right now no surgery is required. You do routine workup like complete blood picture, CRP (C-reactive protein), ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), RA factor (rheumatoid arthritis factor) and anti-CCP antibody (anti-cyclic citrullina...  Read Full »