Q. I have joint pain since delivery, especially in my hands. What could be the reason?

Hello doctor,

I am 33 and since having my baby a year ago I am suffering from joint pain, especially in my wrists and fingers. I have pins and needles sensation at times and writing is becoming difficult. I just got my reports and have elevated CRP and low folate. Any idea what could be wrong?

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your post. You have pain in the small joints of your body with an elevated CRP (C-reactive protein) level.

• I suggest you go for an investigation to rule out rheumatoid arthritis. Do anti-CCP (anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide) and RF (Rheumatoid factor) test along with X-ray of the hands.
  • If you also have a swelling of these joints, along with pain, the possibility of RA (rheumatoid arthritis) is high. Once the diagnosis is clear, it can be treated easily. Until then, I suggest you start Folic acid 1 mg daily and you can also take vitamin D orally. 

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|