Antibiotic Side Effect

Can Flagyl cause stomach upset?

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking Amoxicillin 500 mg for tooth pain. Can I ask my further doubts regarding my tooth?  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you very much for choosing me for your query. Please do not hesitate to send your query.  Read Full »

What can cause acidic with heartburn and occasional stomach pain?

Query: Hi, I am a 51 year old man. I was diagnosed with Hay Fever four months back. I was prescribed antihistamine, omeprazole and nasal spray then. Although my symptoms reduced a bit after a while, they never disappeared. However, since a couple of months, I started experiencing symptoms like heartburn, r...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello. Thank you for the details. Ulcer in the stomach is not a diagnosis made on ultrasound. Anyways, some antibiotics you may be taking will have side effects like erosion of the stomach wall. I am not sure if you were prescribed medications to reduce the acid secretion in the stomach along with...  Read Full »

Kindly help my 80-year-old grandmother, who is suffering from severe diarrhea for a week.

Query: My 80 yr old grandmother is suffering from severe diarrhea since past one week. already taken course of CIPROXIN 250 mg along with FLAGYLL n ENFLOR SACHET. Motions seems to little settled now but started vomiting twice daily since last night...really worried since health condition is not good as ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. I feel sorry to heat about her. I can understand you must be very concern about her current condition. Well you see the ongoing motion can cause dehydration and salt loss via diarrhea. This can cause kindney problem and can lead to vomiting. Part of the kidney fun...  Read Full »

Why do I have indigestion and gas even after getting treated for H. pylori?

Query: Hi, i was diagnosed last year with erosive gastritis. After i did 10 days H pylori kit course with PPI and after 2 months i felt that i was completely cured. But in 3rd month i again got indigestion symptoms then i had been using famotidine 8-9 months. After leaving, i still not completely cured, i...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. Well I can understand you must be upset about your symptoms. First of all I want to know when did you have h pylori blood tests? If you tested H pylori last year and which was negative then it is high possibility that your erosive gastritis was not secondary to H p...  Read Full »

Why do I stomach pain and bloating after taking Augmentin 625?

Query: Age - 33 years Height - 164 cms Weight - 67 Kg I am suffering from sore throat so I took Augmentin 625 before 12-13 days back but found no improvement but I started suffering from Stomach pain and excessive gases. Now I am taking below medicines as per prescribed by ENT specialist that are 1.Alle...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. Well it is not uncommon to have Gastric upsets after a course of antibiotic. And antibiotic like augmentin are notorious to cause this. This occur secondary to effect of augmentin on decreasing the amount of lactobacillus microorganism which are normally present in...  Read Full »

Why am I suffering from digestive problems after taking antibiotics a year and a half ago?

Query: I took an antibiotic a year and a half ago and I’ve had digestive issues ever cents I crave sugar often and mostly eat carbohydrates like bread and chocolate. I recently started to have a green smoothies that had two big handfuls of spinach in them with protein powder every morning for four or fiv...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi there thnx for the query.i can understand ur concern. according to ur statement u had digestive problem and u took antibiotics for one and half year that antibiotic's name isn't mentioned here. now u have been suffering from constipation for one and half year and for the seven dayser it has beco...  Read Full »

Can antibiotics cause stomach issues?

Query: I've been having stomach issues for almost 4 years now, when I was put on two rounds of back-to-back antibiotics for a bad tooth abscess. I was put on Augmentin and then Clindamycin, along with the use of Motrin and Tylenol as directed by my dentist. Since then, I have had stomach issues including: ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Bansari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq I have reviewed your concern. After taking antibiotics your gut bacterial composition has been changed and it has started to cause troubles for you. Weight gain is also seen in such cases. Since you have tried a lot of things and finally viberzi showing some results for y...  Read Full »

I am suffering from diarrhea or loose stools after having antibiotics. Is this because of antibiotics?

Query: Hello doctor,I took antibiotics about a month ago, and ever since the fourth day of antibiotic treatment, I have been suffering from diarrhea or loose stools. On the fourth day, I had bad cramps and loose stools that lasted from the fourth day to the seventh day. This then returned afterward with ev...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your diarrhea could be a direct side effect of the antibiotic, in which case, it should resolve after stopping the antibiotic. It could also be due to a condition called Clostridium difficile infection (C. diff for short). C. diff is a bacterium typically found in th...  Read Full »

After tooth extraction, I feel exhausted with irregular bowel movements. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my left lower wisdom teeth extracted before a week and stitches are still there and yet to be removed. I am on Paracetamol and other painkillers. The problem is I do not have any pain in my mouth. But, I feel exhausted, restless and I just cannot wake up from my bed. Also, my bow...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your complaint and the relevant details. You have also mentioned that you are under Paracetamol tablets. It is a mere painkiller and has zero side effects on your bowel movements. But, if you were prescribed with antibiotics after wisdom tooth removal, then I ...  Read Full »

What are the causes of white and yellow lesion with a red border on my tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have small white and yellow lesions with a red border on my tongue. My tongue also develops a white coating, that has to be scrapped of daily. I have attached a photo of the same. What are the likely causes?  Read Full »

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava

Dentist, Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Oral Implantologist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaint and the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The blisters on your tongue that look like small white or yellow center lesions with a red border, is most probably due to a fungal infection that occurs in...  Read Full »