Q. Is it advisable to use Manasamitra Vatakam for anxiety disorder?

Dr. Iniyan Selvamani
Published on Sep 21, 2019

I am suffering from anxiety disorder taking Prothiaden 25 mg to feel sleepy could not get up early in the morning. Will Manasamitra Vatakam solve the problem?

#

There are very few studies that support the efficacy of Manasamitra Vatakam for treating anxiety disorder. In one study, it was found to be helpful in anxiety disorders and have some effect in reducing daytime sleepiness. But it is one study, and with only that, I would not advise its use.

My opinion is for choosing a less sedating drug, or that does not induce sleep (as prothiaden can induce some sleep). Such a drug can be Serta 50 mg (Sertraline) once daily in the morning. But it can cause some gastritis in some patients initially so, and it can be taken along with Omez 20 mg (Omeprazole) once daily in the morning. It would be better to consult your psychiatrist regarding this.

| 

What is social anxiety disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I am doing my post graduation in psychiatry, and I would like to clear my doubts about social anxiety disorder. I wanted to know about the most challenging and important things while dealing with someone with social anxiety disorder. From your experience, can you please tell me the bi...  Read Full »

I have ordered kottakal arya vaidya manasa mitra vatakam. What is the recommended dosage for mild anxiety/tension.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I have ordered Manasamitra Vatakam. What is the recommended dosage for mild anxiety and tension? Is there any possible side effects? Would you also recommend any mild medicine other than this such as Ashwagandha? If so please tell me dosage and brand name. Also su...  Read Full »

I have BDD and anxiety disorder. Will my baby procure my illness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old married male. I suffered from BDD, general anxiety disorder, and major depressive disorder for the past 8 years. I take Fluoxetine 60 mg and Oxcarbazepine as a mood stabilizer. Things are in control now with little ups and downs. My main concern is that I am married ...  Read Full »