Q. Is it advisable to use Manasamitra Vatakam for anxiety disorder?

Dr. Iniyan Selvamani

I am suffering from anxiety disorder taking Prothiaden 25 mg to feel sleepy could not get up early in the morning. Will Manasamitra Vatakam solve the problem?

#

There are very few studies that support the efficacy of Manasamitra Vatakam for treating anxiety disorder. In one study, it was found to be helpful in anxiety disorders and have some effect in reducing daytime sleepiness. But it is one study, and with only that, I would not advise its use.

My opinion is for choosing a less sedating drug, or that does not induce sleep (as prothiaden can induce some sleep). Such a drug can be Serta 50 mg (Sertraline) once daily in the morning. But it can cause some gastritis in some patients initially so, and it can be taken along with Omez 20 mg (Omeprazole) once daily in the morning. It would be better to consult your psychiatrist regarding this.

|