Q. How do I overcome anxiety, social phobia, and emotional instability? Please help.

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

I am 22 years old, 5.8 feet tall, and weigh 70 kg. I am facing anxiety, headaches, social phobia, and emotional instability. Please help. I am currently taking tablet Pax (Paroxetine Hydrochloride) 20 mg.

#

Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. I understand your concern. I suspect you to have an anxiety disorder, and there is non-pharmacological management for it; you should try to follow the below guidelines to deal with it. It will help you.

1)Exercise regularly for 30 to 45 minutes, like going for a walk. If possible, join the gym or swim; it will boost your confidence.

2)Do meditation for 20 minutes every day, sit in a calm place, make yourself comfortable and try to concentrate on your normal breathing, do not stop or force yourself to stop your thoughts; just let it be. It will help you to relax and minimize headaches.

3)Eat healthy home-cooked meals and try to avoid junk foods.

4)Drink enough water.

5)Spend quality time with friends and family daily or connect through video calls if you live away from your family.

6)Try indulging in creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, learning a new skill, language, or musical instrument.

7)Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep daily.

8)Avoid consuming tobacco, alcohol, or any other substance abuse.

9)Live your life, do not just spend it.

10)Be bold and confident.

11)Do not be afraid of anyone; stop overthinking.

12)Stand in front of the mirror and talk to yourself by making eye contact.

13)Try following these, and I hope this helps.

Continue with the medication you are already on.

Please, reach out if you need further help.

|