Q. My anxiety disorder relapsed after I drank beer. What should I do?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli
This is a premium question & answer published on May 19, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have anxiety and panic since five years. My GP had given Nexito forte and Veniz XR 37.5. And, I felt better and asked him to reduce the dosage two years ago. He stopped both and gave Nextio plus from then till date. I felt better. I did not smoke or drink while on treatment. 10 days back, I stopped taking the tablet. I drank half a beer at a party, and the anxiety disorder relapsed. I will not drink any longer. Now, my questions are as follows. I am on Nexito plus. Suppose there is a relapse, should I take Veniz XR 37.5? When I completely stop all the medications, and there is a future relapse, should I take Nexito forte, Nexito plus or Veniz XR?

#

It seems to be an anxiety disorder. You need to avoid the triggering factors that cause the relapse. Be it alcohol or something like smoking, family issues or financial problems.

It is better to be on Nexito forte (Escitalopram and Clonazepam) during the episode of anxiety. If your symptoms were not controlled then, add on Veniz (Venlafaxine) to your medications.

Meditation and yoga will help control the problem.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|