Q. My anxiety disorder relapsed after I drank beer. What should I do?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli
Published on May 19, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have anxiety and panic since five years. My GP had given Nexito forte and Veniz XR 37.5. And, I felt better and asked him to reduce the dosage two years ago. He stopped both and gave Nextio plus from then till date. I felt better. I did not smoke or drink while on treatment. 10 days back, I stopped taking the tablet. I drank half a beer at a party, and the anxiety disorder relapsed. I will not drink any longer. Now, my questions are as follows. I am on Nexito plus. Suppose there is a relapse, should I take Veniz XR 37.5? When I completely stop all the medications, and there is a future relapse, should I take Nexito forte, Nexito plus or Veniz XR?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

#

It seems to be an anxiety disorder. You need to avoid the triggering factors that cause the relapse. Be it alcohol or something like smoking, family issues or financial problems.

It is better to be on Nexito forte (Escitalopram and Clonazepam) during the episode of anxiety. If your symptoms were not controlled then, add on Veniz (Venlafaxine) to your medications.

Meditation and yoga will help control the problem.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

I feel tenderness when I press on both sides of chest. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I will attempt to summarize this as best I can here. Symptoms: I have been experiencing what feels like I strained my chest muscle(s). They have been terribly sore for about a week. The pain lessens after sleeping. But something as simple as stretching my arms seems to flare it back...  Read Full »

I am feeling down, sad, and irritable after ejaculation and wet dreams. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been looking for many years for treatment of symptoms like feeling very down, anxiety, sadness, irritability and loss of interest in everything in life. But, the main point is, it is for one to two days after ejaculation or wet dreams. I have consulted many doctors including se...  Read Full »

Taking 5mg lorazapam for anxiety disorder gives poor response. Is it safe to take one more tablet?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have panic/anxiety disorder and was prescribed with 5mg lorazepam. I took one tablet at 8 PM but still l would wake up anxious in the morning. Is it safe to take one more tablet?  Read Full »