Q. My anxiety disorder relapsed after I drank beer. What should I do?

Answered by Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Anxiety Disorder or Generalized Anxiety Disorder? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have anxiety and panic since five years. My GP had given Nexito forte and Veniz XR 37.5. And, I felt better and asked him to reduce the dosage two years ago. He stopped both and gave Nextio plus from then till date. I felt better. I did not smoke or drink while on treatment. 10 days back, I stopped taking the tablet. I drank half a beer at a party, and the anxiety disorder relapsed. I will not drink any longer. Now, my questions are as follows. I am on Nexito plus. Suppose there is a relapse, should I take Veniz XR 37.5? When I completely stop all the medications, and there is a future relapse, should I take Nexito forte, Nexito plus or Veniz XR?