Social Phobia

What is the recommended dose of Mirtazapine for treating anxiety and social phobia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from anxiety and social phobia. I consulted my psychiatrist to use either Citalopram or Mirtazapine. I doubt to take Citalopram because I know this causes sexual side effects more often than Mirtazapine does. However, regarding Mirtazapine, I read various things online ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Both Citalopram and Mirtazapine are good choices for managing anxiety and social phobia. 2. If you are worried about sexual side effects, Mirtazapine will be a better choice. 3. Both Citalopram and Mirtazapine can take up to four weeks for the therapeutic benefi...  Read Full »

How to overcome stage fear? Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, How can I overcome my problem of coming up forward for something? The main problem faced by me is stage fear, and I do not know how to cure it. Please give me a solution for it.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stage fear is quite common in your age group and among many adults as well. It can be managed by taking appropriate steps. Do you have any generalized anxiety or social anxiety? It can contribute to stage fear and need to be addressed. You have already taken the fir...  Read Full »

I have shyness in public, low confidence, and poor concentration. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I have shyness in public, low confidence, and poor concentration in studies with anxiety, escaping attitude. I am afraid of driving alone and have a fear of giving interviews.  Read Full »

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have mentioned are low confidence, shyness in public, escaping attitude, fear of interviews. These symptoms point towards a diagnosis of social phobia. The most studied and most effective treatment for phobias is behavior therapy. A variety of behavi...  Read Full »

I have social anxiety and is it an essential one to get treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have social anxiety, but I am not sure if it is affecting my life enough to do anything about it. I do not want to tell my mom, but I am sure therapy would help as I am very insecure, have a negative mindset, and generally I am very paranoid of what others think. I do not kno...  Read Full »

Dr. Punya Mulky

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you are quite worried and frightened about your problems. Social anxiety is common, and it is all about what it does that affects the people more. Your worries about your inability to hold on to a job and avoiding social situations are valid. It is very ...  Read Full »

How to eliminate phobia for terrorists?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently my child seems to have developed phobia for terrorist. She is just 4 years old. I did not know how really she even came to know about the word terrorist. Now, she remains afraid for most of the day and night. She thinks that they are going to come to her. She does not like to go...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Child's mind is very delicate and easily moldable. Subtle things can cause drastic and unexpected effect on them, which we cannot even predict at times. In your case, it is quite easily observable to you. It is good that you could recognize this change in her behavi...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment for social anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I have been suffering from social anxiety. Following are the consequences that I am facing through in my daily life: I am not at all confident to talk with new persons, especially in group meetings. My heartbeat used to raise and I will forget things to be d...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and social phobia. I can understand your concern. I have read through your history and from that, it is clearly evident that you have anxiety spectrum disorder. The symptoms like difficulty in talking with persons, incre...  Read Full »

What is the treatment followed for social phobia?

Query: Hi doctor, I have social phobia. I have this problem from my childhood. Till now, I have not visited any doctor. I am explaining my common issues. Please go through it and please suggest me. I dislike being introduced to other people. I find hard to go outside. I cannot be confident in front of oth...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your problem, and I can understand your concern. You have social phobia and anxiety disorder. You need to consult a psychiatrist soon as depression and avoidant personality disorder are difficult to differentiate from a social anxiety disorder. In so...  Read Full »

I am sensitive and fear socializing with people. Is there any effective medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am realizing that I am an extremely sensitive person. I fear socializing with people. I think too much about what people think about me. There is a lot of fear within me. When people scold me, I take it too deeply and even my mouth vibrates. It is conspicuously visible. I have a lot ...  Read Full »

Dr. Youness Tanani

Nutritionist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you have is social phobia, anxiety and mostly is a result of a hard or strict education in childhood. Here are some ways you can build your confidence in life in general and help you rid yourself of social anxiety: Accept who you are. We are all different. So...  Read Full »

I feel lost as my parents are not caring me equal to my brother. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a girl 20 years old. I am the eldest in my family, and I have a 7 year old brother. I am always fighting with my family. My parents nowadays do not care about me, and they were only thinking about my brother. I believe that my brother is the main reason for everything. I want my pare...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It is pretty common for a family especially when there is a small kid to give more attention to him. Most often it is not deliberate. I understand you are facing difficulties because of that. My advice to you will be to see things in a positi...  Read Full »

How to get treated for panic disorder?

Query: Hi doctor, I often get a feeling that my heart is going to stop. I have panic disorder also. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As dramatic as the panic disorders may seem, it also responds very well to medicines. The first thing we do need to check whether the diagnosis is indeed panic disorder. We also need to see if you have any associated phobias including anxiety in crowded areas or public...  Read Full »