Social Phobia

How to overcome stage fear? Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, How can I overcome my problem of coming up forward for something? The main problem faced by me is stage fear, and I do not know how to cure it. Please give me a solution for it.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stage fear is quite common in your age group and among many adults as well. It can be managed by taking appropriate steps. Do you have any generalized anxiety or social anxiety? It can contribute to stage fear and need to be addressed. You have already taken the fir...  Read Full »

What is causing all my symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I have the following problems in my daily life. Social phobia, inferiority complex, lack of concentration and fear of everything. I am not interested to do anything. I am leading a sedentary lifestyle. I also masturbate a lot. I am thinking consistently about my future and living without ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, inferiority complex, social phobia, poor concentration and fear of everything can be a manifestation of depression or anxiety disorders. Having said this, we need to understand that the same symptoms can be present in abnormal thyroid function. The presence...  Read Full »

I have social anxiety and is it an essential one to get treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have social anxiety, but I am not sure if it is affecting my life enough to do anything about it. I do not want to tell my mom, but I am sure therapy would help as I am very insecure, have a negative mindset, and generally I am very paranoid of what others think. I do not kno...  Read Full »

Dr. Punya Mulky

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you are quite worried and frightened about your problems. Social anxiety is common, and it is all about what it does that affects the people more. Your worries about your inability to hold on to a job and avoiding social situations are valid. It is very ...  Read Full »

Can I consult a psychiatrist for my memory loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel like I am in a constant brain fog state. I have terrible social anxiety as I cannot remember anything to talk about. This has kept me from truly pursuing anything. I do not want to look stupid. In school, I usually zone out and often forget the names of people who I already met. So...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, a psychiatrist can help with memory loss. First of all considering your age, the memory loss you have is not due to organic causes. But, most likely due to poor focus and concentration, which in turn due to social anxiety and depression. Brain fog like state and s...  Read Full »

Why do I fear so many things?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 46 year old male. My health is good since my childhood. I am a pure vegetarian. I do not smoke or drink alcohol. I have completed my PhD in plant biotechnology. My mother died when I was 10 due to heart problems. My father died a year back and he was healthy except minor hyperten...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your detailed history. Your primary complaints are of multiple phobias, including agoraphobia. It is quite evident from other details that you are physically healthy and the problems are of psychological origin. Now, coming to your medicine history...  Read Full »

I have nervousness and trembling while facing crowd with social phobia and anxiety. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 50-year-old male. I am feeling nervous as my legs get trembled whenever I face crowd or in the middle of the crowd. I am suffering with this fashion for the past 20 years. I consulted a number of psychiatrists and used number of anxiolytic (Alprazolam and Clonazepam) antidepres...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I like to confirm that the mentioned symptoms and problems are clearly indicative of social anxiety disorder also known as social phobia. Having said this I completely understand that social phobia is very much disabling for almost everyone, particularl...  Read Full »

Why do I go blank during exams?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I am a student. I do not understand my condition. I have very important exams. I used to get good marks constantly and then everything turned up against me now. I prepare my best, but I do very badly in my exams. I am feeling hopeless. Even after studying 8 hours daily,...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and completely understand your issue. You have a problem related to exam anxiety as you lose concentration and your mind gets numb during the exam. I need to ask you a few things. Has this problem only arisen during the exam? Or if you also get disturbed by th...  Read Full »

What are the drugs used for social anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male. I have been suffering from social anxiety for the past one year. Although I was extremely shy as a child and up to about 25 years of age. After that, I overcame my social anxiety and became confident. I managed somehow not to care about other peoples opinion abou...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and understand your concern. Social anxiety disorder is really a disturbing condition, but can be controlled with proper medicines and behavior therapy. Anxiety disorders occur in episodes and sometimes follow waxing and waning course. You had a...  Read Full »

What is the recommended dose of Mirtazapine for treating anxiety and social phobia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from anxiety and social phobia. I consulted my psychiatrist to use either Citalopram or Mirtazapine. I doubt to take Citalopram because I know this causes sexual side effects more often than Mirtazapine does. However, regarding Mirtazapine, I read various things online ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Both Citalopram and Mirtazapine are good choices for managing anxiety and social phobia. 2. If you are worried about sexual side effects, Mirtazapine will be a better choice. 3. Both Citalopram and Mirtazapine can take up to four weeks for the therapeutic benefi...  Read Full »

I have shyness in public, low confidence, and poor concentration. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I have shyness in public, low confidence, and poor concentration in studies with anxiety, escaping attitude. I am afraid of driving alone and have a fear of giving interviews.  Read Full »

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have mentioned are low confidence, shyness in public, escaping attitude, fear of interviews. These symptoms point towards a diagnosis of social phobia. The most studied and most effective treatment for phobias is behavior therapy. A variety of behavi...  Read Full »