Q. I have a wavering mind and over imagination. Why?

Published on Oct 24, 2018

My problem is I have a wavering mind and am overimagining everything. If I am watching some negative scenes in movies or shows, I am imagining as if it is happening to me in my real life and am scared that it will surely happen in my life also. I am imagining myself as a bad girl and am crying and convincing myself that am not. For two days, I will behave like this. Then, I will self-motivate myself. Then once again, I will start imagining. I want my old me. I am not myself nowadays. I feel like committing suicide. I want to come out of this problem. I want to be happy with my boyfriend, my family and I want to be successful. I am a good girl but scared to come out of my home. I am very much scared tat I will go wrong. I do not have self-confidence and I do not believe me at all. Please help me to solve this problem.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

You have intrusive thoughts and these are resulting in distress. The intrusive thoughts are unwanted dominating thoughts which result in significant distress. The thoughts on seeing some negative scene that you are bad or imagining yourself in such situations are part of anxiety. If these are resulting in distress and you are not able to function properly then please visit a psychiatrist for help. Please do not delay the treatment because this might complicate into anxiety or obsessive-compulsive thoughts. Take care.

Is there any permanent cure for my unwanted thoughts?

Query: Hi doctor, I am keep on getting unwanted thoughts and feelings related to the environment around in the vicinity. I am getting images of god, food items, fecal matter, song lyrics, animal skin feeling sensation, etc. There are countless examples. I am getting some racing feeling while resisting my t...  Read Full »

Can anxiety cause foot drop and twitches in the body?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female, and I developed foot drop five weeks ago, the foot was numb, and I could not dorsiflex it. But, now I can dorsiflex, and the steppage gait has disappeared unless I walk long distances. I have more power in the foot now, but it is still a lot weaker than the oth...  Read Full »

I do not show my emotion at any time. Is that due to anxiety or social disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I have some form of social disorder. I do not have feelings like others. I do not feel empathy but can be empathetic on cue as I know the social cues. And I prefer to keep to myself. Can you please advise where I can be diagnosed? I have always thought it was anxiety as this...  Read Full »