Intrusive Repetitive Thoughts

How do I overcome excessive thoughts of vomiting?

Query: Hi doctor, I do not know how to explain my state. Since many years, I feel like vomiting when I see or smell dirty things. I cannot just sit with a drunken person. I cannot even resist when someone is vomiting or coughing or just clearing their throat. To get rid of this vomiting feeling, I started...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your statement of 'I feel like vomiting when I see or smell dirty things and I cannot just sit with a drunk person' are commonly found in normal individuals and does not signify any mental or psychological disorder. But, your statement that you canceled your official tr...  Read Full »

Are panic attacks and intrusive thoughts symptoms of porn addiction withdrawal?

Query: Hi, Kindly help me out I am a psychiatric patient diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder who is on 1. Fluoxamine 150 mg 2. Risperidone 1 mg 3. Clonazepam 0.5 mg I use to watch porn most of the times in a day for about 18 years . I left it recently about 15 days ago and not feeli...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: thank you for taking help from psychiatrist. if you are suffering from anxiety disorder than why do you take tablet risperidone? tablet riaperidone is antipsychotic and mainly use for psychotic symptoms.if you have not any psychotic symptoms than you can stop it. you have watched porn for a years t...  Read Full »

I fantasize about my life partner a lot. How to control this?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lot of fantasies about my life partner. I am keep thinking about this all time. I do not care about my career. I am a 29 year old male. I do masturbation too. Please get me some solution.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all I understand your fantasy about your life partner at the age of 29. It is an important component of your career, no life without wife. It is also important to set priorities in life. As I said partner is important but in life scenario you find it difficult to...  Read Full »

I have intrusive, blasphemous thoughts after porn addiction withdrawal. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have intrusive thoughts, blasphemous thoughts that keeps returning to my head. In the past I had porn addiction, and the day I forced myself to stop, I began having those thoughts. I already had OCD symptoms when younger but more subtle. I suspect I have some low serotonine so I am ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with interest. As you had OCD in childhood and anxiety disorder and taking St John's wort, Omega 3 , Magnesium and Vitamins (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need to start SSRI group of drug (Fluvoxamine or Fluoxetine ...  Read Full »

How to overcome sexual attraction towards my mother?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 years old male. I feel sexually attracted to my own mother. I had some mild feelings since childhood, but it became strong since teenage. I started feeling to be loved by mom as her son and sexually too. I sometimes feel guilty about it. But, I could not control myself. I saw my...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. Sexual feelings in an adult towards a female are considered as normal and acceptable. But, such feelings towards any female with blood relationship are not acceptable in any society and this result in significant blow to reputation and...  Read Full »

How to help an alcoholic?

Query: Hi doctor, This is query is about my brother-in-law, who is 38 year old now. He got married before seven years and has a child aged 6 years. He is working in a reputed company. He drinks a lot. Over the last few months, especially last fortnight onward he kept on threatening my sister that he will ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.First, answer a few questions, so I would be able to come with some diagnosis. Does his behavior changes suddenly? How was he before that? Let me know if he shows symptoms like an increase in activity, energy and speech productivity. How are his sleep and appetite? D...  Read Full »

I am experiencing a relapse of severe anxiety after getting pregnant. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years of age and 24 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I have had two miscarriages in the past. I am experiencing severe anxiety from the past three months. I developed this problem four years back, and I was put on a few medications which are in the attachment. I took them for...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Khandelwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We understand your problem. The symptoms that you have told fit into generalized anxiety disorder with depressive symptoms. You had treatment in the past, and you were better with that. This time because of your pregnancy, things are not that straightforward. Still in ...  Read Full »

I get stuck with repetitive thoughts. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I suffer from anxiety and depression. I keep having these few minute long incidents where I get stuck with a thought repeating over and over in my head. It is a question which I then answer and then the question and answer process keeps repeating. I realize what I am doing and freak out ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These thoughts are part of anxiety only. Repetitive unwanted purposeless thoughts are seen commonly in anxiety. You are not able to control these thoughts and these thoughts produce stress. You should visit your psychiatrist again for re-evaluation. SSRI drugs like E...  Read Full »

How to stop the mind from repeating the same word over and over?

Query: Dear doctor, How to manage OCD without any medications? I got a word in my mind and it repeats every time in my mind. What is the practical way to rectify it?  Read Full »

Dr. Ananth S

Andrologist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my experience, it is close to impossible to control OCD behaviors without medications. It is due to a biochemical imbalance in your brain that needs to be corrected and that requires a course of psychiatric medications, which are safe and easily tolerated. Consult ...  Read Full »

I have a wavering mind and over imagination. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, My problem is I have a wavering mind and am overimagining everything. If I am watching some negative scenes in movies or shows, I am imagining as if it is happening to me in my real life and am scared that it will surely happen in my life also. I am imagining myself as a bad girl and ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have intrusive thoughts and these are resulting in distress. The intrusive thoughts are unwanted dominating thoughts which result in significant distress. The thoughts on seeing some negative scene that you are bad or imagining yourself in such situations are par...  Read Full »