Intrusive Repetitive Thoughts

I have intrusive, blasphemous thoughts after porn addiction withdrawal. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have intrusive thoughts, blasphemous thoughts that keeps returning to my head. In the past I had porn addiction, and the day I forced myself to stop, I began having those thoughts. I already had OCD symptoms when younger but more subtle. I suspect I have some low serotonine so I am ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with interest. As you had OCD in childhood and anxiety disorder and taking St John's wort, Omega 3 , Magnesium and Vitamins (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need to start SSRI group of drug (Fluvoxamine or Fluoxetine ...  Read Full »

How to overcome sexual attraction towards my mother?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 years old male. I feel sexually attracted to my own mother. I had some mild feelings since childhood, but it became strong since teenage. I started feeling to be loved by mom as her son and sexually too. I sometimes feel guilty about it. But, I could not control myself. I saw my...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. Sexual feelings in an adult towards a female are considered as normal and acceptable. But, such feelings towards any female with blood relationship are not acceptable in any society and this result in significant blow to reputation and...  Read Full »

How to help an alcoholic?

Query: Hi doctor, This is query is about my brother-in-law, who is 38 year old now. He got married before seven years and has a child aged 6 years. He is working in a reputed company. He drinks a lot. Over the last few months, especially last fortnight onward he kept on threatening my sister that he will ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.First, answer a few questions, so I would be able to come with some diagnosis. Does his behavior changes suddenly? How was he before that? Let me know if he shows symptoms like an increase in activity, energy and speech productivity. How are his sleep and appetite? D...  Read Full »

I am experiencing a relapse of severe anxiety after getting pregnant. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years of age and 24 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I have had two miscarriages in the past. I am experiencing severe anxiety from the past three months. I developed this problem four years back, and I was put on a few medications which are in the attachment. I took them for...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Khandelwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We understand your problem. The symptoms that you have told fit into generalized anxiety disorder with depressive symptoms. You had treatment in the past, and you were better with that. This time because of your pregnancy, things are not that straightforward. Still in ...  Read Full »

I get stuck with repetitive thoughts. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I suffer from anxiety and depression. I keep having these few minute long incidents where I get stuck with a thought repeating over and over in my head. It is a question which I then answer and then the question and answer process keeps repeating. I realize what I am doing and freak out ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These thoughts are part of anxiety only. Repetitive unwanted purposeless thoughts are seen commonly in anxiety. You are not able to control these thoughts and these thoughts produce stress. You should visit your psychiatrist again for re-evaluation. SSRI drugs like E...  Read Full »

How to stop the mind from repeating the same word over and over?

Query: Dear doctor, How to manage OCD without any medications? I got a word in my mind and it repeats every time in my mind. What is the practical way to rectify it?  Read Full »

Dr. Ananth S

Andrologist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my experience, it is close to impossible to control OCD behaviors without medications. It is due to a biochemical imbalance in your brain that needs to be corrected and that requires a course of psychiatric medications, which are safe and easily tolerated. Consult ...  Read Full »

How do I overcome excessive thoughts of vomiting?

Query: Hi doctor, I do not know how to explain my state. Since many years, I feel like vomiting when I see or smell dirty things. I cannot just sit with a drunken person. I cannot even resist when someone is vomiting or coughing or just clearing their throat. To get rid of this vomiting feeling, I started...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your statement of 'I feel like vomiting when I see or smell dirty things and I cannot just sit with a drunk person' are commonly found in normal individuals and does not signify any mental or psychological disorder. But, your statement that you canceled your official tr...  Read Full »

I have a wavering mind and over imagination. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, My problem is I have a wavering mind and am overimagining everything. If I am watching some negative scenes in movies or shows, I am imagining as if it is happening to me in my real life and am scared that it will surely happen in my life also. I am imagining myself as a bad girl and ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have intrusive thoughts and these are resulting in distress. The intrusive thoughts are unwanted dominating thoughts which result in significant distress. The thoughts on seeing some negative scene that you are bad or imagining yourself in such situations are par...  Read Full »

Why do I overload my brain with so many thoughts?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with essential tremors, and I am always distracted. I suffer from tics and obsessive, repetitive movement like blinking, clenching my fist, breathing tics, obsessed with personalities and how consciousness works. I always focused on my bodily sensations, like how my legs f...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be thinking excessively.¬†Probably, it is your personality makeup which makes you think so. As long as you do not get distressed, it is alright. But, if you feel that you have to change, try focussing on your career at present. Invest your time in a new hobby....  Read Full »

My husband watched a strip show and is feeling guilty. How to get him out of this?

Query: Dear doctor, My husband recently watched a strip show. It affected him a lot. After asking a lot of questions, he revealed that he could not come out of it. He is always straying on other women, and he is thinking of going back and booking a prostitute. Also, he is worried that he could not come out...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. He has developed the guilt post watching the show. As you are aware that he went to watch a strip show, I do not think there is any need for guilt. Watching strip show is like watching an adult movie which most of the men watch. Only you can help him to come out of tha...  Read Full »