Common "Arrhythmias" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


When your heartbeats get irregular, it is known as arrhythmias. The different types of arrhythmias are premature atrial contractions, premature ventricular contractions, premature junctional contractions, atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation, and ventricular tachycardia. The symptoms include palpitation, heart beats too fast (tachycardia), heart beats too slow (bradycardia), chest pain, and shortness of breath.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have a rapid heartbeat, pain in the right shoulder blade while coughing, and chest pain. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a rapid heartbeat, pain in the right shoulder blade while coughing, and sometimes pain in the right side of the chest. What could it be? Please help.   Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for writing and I understand your concern. Actually, these symptoms can be due to acidity. When there is acid formation, it causes heartburn, rapid heart rate, and chest discomfort. So, I would suggest you avoid spicy food and caffeine-containing products ...  Read Full »

I suffer from frequent palpitations and dizziness. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from frequent palpitations and dizziness. I am very worried. I have no diabetes and my blood pressure is normal. Can I get a cardiac arrest? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your query and understood your concern. I went through your reports (the attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). Arrhythmias are the most common cause of dizziness and palpitations in people your age. So, I suggest you do an ECG (echocar...  Read Full »

Can I take Arjunarishta instead of Escitalopram for anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 62-year-old female. I am having high blood pressure since I was 37. I also have sickle cell trait and hypothyroidism and take medication for all these problems regularly. For the last three years, I am suffering from cardiac arrhythmia without any significant ECG or Echo finding...  Read Full »

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to As the medication given above is some kind of herbal or homeopathic, which is not well studied, and its side effects not well know. Also, anyone on this forum is not expected to know that drug. So I suggest that the medication you suggested is not suitable. But there...  Read Full »

Can low testosterone levels cause fatigue and increased heart rate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male, and I am studying nutritional science. Over the past year, I have been experiencing these symptoms. I have a fast pounding heart, especially after a night of drinking. The following morning, I always wake up early to a pounding heart, and it scares me. This happen...  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hello, Welcome to As your BMI (body mass index) is 34, in obesity, the decreased levels of testosterone-binding protein cause a decrease in the total testosterone levels, but not the normal free level. Before we evaluate you for low testosterone, we need to confirm it by doing free te...  Read Full »

After a viral infection, I have tiredness, faint feeling, and weakness. Kindly advise.

Query: Hi doctor, Three weeks ago, I was admitted to hospital with a viral infection and stayed in the hospital for two nights. During viral infection, I woke up early in the morning shaking uncontrollably and my heart rate was 152, so the ambulance took me to the hospital. I was told that I have a viral i...  Read Full »

Dr. Sadaf Mustafa

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Two points are very important here. They are abnormal heart rhythm and tiredness. Which type of abnormal heart rhythm are they trying to treat with Propranolol? It seems like you have supraventricular tachycardia and the type depends upon the EKG and EP study. Did you...  Read Full »

Can neurological disorders cause episodes of presyncope?

Query: Hello doctor, I keep having episodes of presyncope. I have been to the local emergency room (ER) four times and was admitted on the last time. During the course of those four visits, I had all my basic blood work done which came out normal. I had a computed tomography (CT) scan without contrast that...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to different possible causes: A metabolic disorder. Vasovagal syncope. Cardiac arrhythmia. Seizures may mimic this symptomatology too. Coming to this point, I would recommend performi...  Read Full »

Can iron supplements cause bloating of the stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, I had arrhythmia problems last month, and nothing came up in the heart studies. But I started feeling bloated with time, and for the last four weeks, my body temperature is slightly higher (37.3 to 37.4). A couple of days ago, I started feeling nauseous and realized a bump right above my...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern and the reason for being anxious about this recently appearing bump in the stomach area for the last few months. Thankfully your heart was clear. Well, simple things first: The temperature changes in you are due to physiologic variation...  Read Full »

Are these head-reeling episodes sue to stroke, seizure or syncope?

Query: Hello doctor, I have consulted you over this forum regarding the health of my mother (59 years), who is under treatment for hypothyroidism (Eltroxin 50 mcg), hypertension (Olmezest 20 mg), osteoarthritis (Gemcal D3, Kondro OD) and mild anemia Hb 10.6 [11.5 - 15] (Folvite). I would like to request yo...  Read Full »

Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to It is difficult to comment if the episodes are solely syncope or fainting spell due to orthostatic hypotension or abnormal heart rhythm. I agree with Holter monitoring. I would also, recommend EEG (electroencephalogram) study for one hour to make sure we are not deali...  Read Full »

I am suffering from sudden severe headaches, chest pain, and dizziness. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old female. I am suffering from sudden, severe headaches, chest pain, dizziness, fainting, difficulty in balance and blurring of vision often. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hi, Welcome to There are two possibilities. One is anxiety episodes, and the other one is cardiac arrhythmia like PSVT (paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia) or atrial fibrillation, in which heart rate suddenly goes up and also suddenly decreases. Do you have any palpitations or in...  Read Full »

After a strange episode, I was unable to remember anything. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a strange episode the other day where I was driving, and it was like I lost and had been in a trance or asleep. When I snapped out of it, I was not sure where I was. I thought I was lost at first and did not recognize anything, although I take this trip daily. I had not been sleepy,...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehmet Akif Camkurt

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The episode you describe fits into either a syncope or a dissociation. I think your neurologist is right. One episode of syncope is not a big problem. However, my further recommendation is to make an appointment with a cardiologist also. Some cardiac problems such as arrh...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.