Q. When I eat chicken, egg and banana, why am I vomiting blood?

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 12, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 04, 2020

I am a female and my age is 19 years. The following are the symptoms I have faced regularly. Vomiting blood, chest pain (middle to back from the right side when I exercise), nausea, dizziness, changes in breathing and rapid heartbeat. If I walk under the sun for 10 to 15 minutes, the chest feels heavy and vomiting starts. The same thing happens when I eat eggs, chicken and banana. I am currently on Avekast-L, Simcobal and Pantakind.

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

#

I had gone through all the information posted by you. I am sorry that you are going through all these at this age. Coming to the question, I will try to help you in a possible manner by giving some differential diagnosis,  which might be the cause of your symptoms. 

• Vomiting frank blood occurs in less number of conditions like esophageal varices, which are uncommon at your age and seen in liver disease patients. It is seen rarely with non cirrhotic portal fibrosis patients.
  • To know the exact cause you need to do an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy. So, consult a gastroenterologist in person.
  • Regarding dizziness and rapid heartbeat, if you had really bouts of blood in vomitus, then these may be symptoms of accompanying anemia.
  • If there is no significant blood loss, then you might be having an arrythmia. The most common is supraventricular tachycardia.
  • Eating banana and egg should not cause these kind of symptoms, so doing an upper GI endoscopy will give us the answer for everything.
  • So, you need to do a complete blood picture with peripheral smear, upper GI endoscopy, ultrasound abdomen to look for spleen, portal vein and liver, ECG and if required Holter or TMT (treadmill test).
  • Kindly consult a general physician, who will examine you and help you to overcome your problems.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|