Q. After menopause, endometrial thickness is 10 mm. What to do?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 16, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 63 years old. It has been seven years since my menopause. My endometrial thickness is 10 mm now and the uterus is normal. Two years before, the thickness was 8.6 mm. I have no symptom such as bleeding. Please suggest any guideline for further tests.

#

I have read and understood your problem.

One research concludes that in a postmenopausal woman without vaginal bleeding, if the endometrium measures more than 11 mm, then a biopsy should be considered as the risk of cancer is 6.7%.

Whereas if the endometrium measures less or equal to 11 mm a biopsy is not needed as the risk of cancer is extremely low.

Thickness may vary from time to time. However, if you have a family history of cancer you can go for biopsy.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|