Q. My 9-month-old kid suffers from skin irritation for the past four weeks. Kindly suggest a solution.

Dr. Megha Kakani
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2020

My daughter (9 months) is suffering from irritated skin from the past three to four weeks. It is spreading to different areas of the body. It is on cheeks, near to elbow, back of knee, etc. We have consulted a couple of dermatologists but it is not helping. Could you please help with suggestions?

Currently, she is under T-Bact twice a day on the affected areas, Physiogel hypoallergenic AI cream twice daily after bath.

#

I went through your query and all the pictures and prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your son is having atopic dermatitis. It is very common in allergic child or children of allergic parents. Medicines prescribed to your child are almost correct. I am doing some changes for faster relief.

Continue Physiogel hypoallergenic AI lotion. Instead of T-Bact cream use Cutisoft cream (Hydrocotisone Acetate) and use it twice a day. Avoid contact with pets or dust.

Dust, allergy, pets.

Atopic dermatitis.

Atopic dermatitis.

Cream Cutisoft two times a day, Physiogel hypoallergic AI cream.

Prevent contact with dust and pets.

After 15 days.

Post using the suggested treatment plan, atopic dermatitis did not subside. It is still the same and no improvement in healing. Please suggest.

#

If Cutisoft cream is not helping, then start using Flutivate (Fluticasone) cream at night daily and Atogla lotion three times a day.

|