Q. Is there any permanent cure for recurring skin infections?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 08, 2021

I have a chronic problem for the past six to seven years. I have the problem itching in all the skin folds and the pressed areas like under the belt including genital areas and anus. I showed the same to a doctor and he diagnosed this as eczema and fungal infection. The doctor prescribed some Tablet AF-300 or AF-150 for a few days and also the creams like Ebernet for the night usage and Sofradex-F for morning application on the affected areas. I continued the same for around a month, which cured the problem at that moment. But, this problem is recurring again and again and not getting cured permanently. Whenever I face the issue I use the above topical creams for a few days and it cures the problem temporarily to recur again after a few days. I also have a morning cough issue for many years. Can you please guide me for a permanent cure of these problems? I am currently using Onabet cream for the last seven days both in the morning and in the evening.

#

• Your history, past treatment and its response are suggestive of intertrigo, a fungal infection of the body folds.
  • In people with heavy sweating activities, diabetes, overweight, those wearing tight clothing and in people with prolonged sitting activities the body folds are the sites for the collection of sweat. As a consequence, the skin in these places gets macerated and acts a good base for fungal growth.
  • The problem will keep on recurring if not taken care of the above risk factors.
  • Medicines like Onabet cream (Sertaconazole), Ebernet (Eberconazole) and AF (Fluconazole) are all effective for the same.

Fasting and postprandial blood sugar.

1. Intertrigo.
2. Tinea (ringworm infection).

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and follow the treatment with consent.
1. Continue Onabet cream for two more weeks.
2. Tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg once daily after dinner.
3. Novale soap (Ketoconazole) for the bath.
4. Abzorb dusting powder (Clotrimazole) daily at night in all the body folds.

1. Avoid tight clothing.
2. Avoid activities with excessive sweating.
3. Weight reduction measures if overweight.

For further information consult a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I will get the tests done as per your suggestions and come back with the results. But whenever I am applying the Onabet cream, it causes more itching especially after perspiration in those areas.

#

• If you are not comfortable with Onabet cream, you may consider changing it to Candid cream (combination of Clotrimazole and Betamethasone) twice daily with your doctor's consent.
  • Do use the dusting powder at night as it absorbs if there is any sweat.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|