Atrophic Rhinitis

Are the heaviness in head, ringing in ears, nausea, and chills due to rhinitis?

Query: Hello doctor, About two years ago, I had a series of recurring malaria fever. But the doctor suggested a urine MCS test. The result showed I had an infection (UTI). I was treated, but the UTI recurred, and treated again. I had a motor vehicle accident six years ago, which resulted in a head concus...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your words carefully. According to the CT scan, the sinus polyp is not huge enough to cause a strong throbbing headache. The polyp can be treated by intranasal corticosteroid spray or even surgery in case of medical treatment failure. The other sympto...  Read Full »

What are the causes of bad nose smell?

Query: Hello doctor,Why do I have this bad smell coming from my nose? It is embarrassing. People around me smell it all the time. I do not have my mouth open and people smell it soon as I walk in the room. What is it?   Read Full »

Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first thing that comes to my mind is a disease called atrophic rhinitis. Here, the mucous membrane and structures inside the nose shrink and the nasal cavity is filled with crusts, which get infected and smell. In this condition, the patient has decreased sense of s...  Read Full »

Can continuous use of nasal spray cause sinus odor?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been dealing with a sinus odor problem for years. I am a fair online researcher and I have been shocked by how unique my problem seems to be. The odor varies in strength and seems to disappear and return over time. I have seen numerous ENT specialists over the years and with the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may have atrophic rhinitis due to long use of intranasal sprays. Do you have any hard crest inside your nose? What about your smell sensation? Please send me your CT scan. For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/a...  Read Full »

A foul smell comes out of my nose. What could it be?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a serious oral problem for 9 years or so. I am now 19. I have had this metallic taste in my mouth and white tongue, no matter how much I scrap and scrub. Some foul smell comes out of my throat. My mouth can be close yet this smell still seems to get out most likely through my nose....  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Foul smell is formed by bacteria. So, it is seen in conditions where they are residing for a long time. Normally our nose and throat have commensals and they get washed away by our normal secretions of the nose and throat. Bad smell in nose is seen in conditions like, a...  Read Full »