Q. I have tuberculosis arthritis and in severe pain. Kindly recommend some medicine.

Dr. Chitrangada

I have tubercular arthritis in my right hip. I am in the army, and hence, it is mandatory to be physically and mentally fit. Presently I am on ATT for the last eight months, which showed some improvement, but it also has some cartilage damage and synovial thickening, which is causing pain. Is there a remedy to go off this pain like cartigrow and am I eligible for that, please see my MRI and reports and let me know.

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

Your MRI show (attachment removed to protect patient identity) tubercular arthritis involving both hip joints with more extensive disease on the right than left. It is associated with synovial thickening and joint space reduction however there is not much mention of extensive cartilage erosions. At this stage of imaging we need to wait till the infection resolves and then in the healing stage we have to consider regenerative treatments. If you have any further doubts please feel free to discuss.

|