Attachment Disorder

How can someone be brought out of sorrow of losing a dear one?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother lost her father who she loved very much. Though the incidence was about 5 to 6 months back, she is not able to come out of the sorrow. She always remains depressed. We are trying our best to cope with her, but the situation is not improving.  Read Full »

Dr. Akanksha Sharma

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It might be that she might be suffering from adjustment disorder due to loss of a loved one because of which you are seeing these symptoms. It happens at a late age when you lose your spouse. But you should be careful that it does not proceed ahead. Also, please let me ...  Read Full »

Does living in a fantasy related to any mental health illness?

Query: Hi doctor, This question is not about me. But it is about a family member that I truly love and want the best for him. For the past years, my brother has had a big crush on his manager. He would always talk about her when he would come home from work. He would talk about her constantly. Sometimes e...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. He has developed an attraction for his manager and there was no actual relationship and then he lost the job. Then he started developing the symptoms. He has developed firm belief that he is married to his manager. His behavior has changed suddenly, lost the job and ...  Read Full »

Have been always anxious, nevous and aggressive. Do you have any suggestions?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 6.5 years old boy born on 26th of March 2008. The boy was born with c-section and apgar score was low immediately after delivery but improved in the following measurements. He lived with us at home. In the period from January 2009 to April 2012 his social life was limited be...  Read Full »

Dr. Shailly

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and there is a possibility of anxiety disorder or attachment disorder. Although I must acknowledge that it is too early to diagnose with the available information. It is always better to see a psychiatrist in person with all family members ...  Read Full »