Q. Have been always anxious, nevous and aggressive. Do you have any suggestions?

Dr. Shailly

Hello doctor, I have a 6.5 years old boy born on 26th of March 2008. The boy was born with c-section and apgar score was low immediately after delivery but improved in the following measurements. He lived with us at home. In the period from January 2009 to April 2012 his social life was limited because we stayed away from our home town. His rapport with other kids was very limited ane then improved after April 2012. The boy is always anxious, nervous and aggressive at home with his younger brother and mother. When we go out, he cannot interact with strangers easily. Even with cousins he does not interact properly, especially in the absence of us. I note in the last few months that he always puts his nails inside his mouth and there is noticable damage to his nails. He started to go to school two weeks ago, but he does not like school as well. The teacher says that he always follows her and cries even during break time. We really have difficult time with him. His academic level at school is the lowest among other children. I do not know what is the probable diagnosis for his case. I have tried to book an appointment with qualified psychiatrist here but no available doctor until end of October. Today I went to pick him up from school and he was crying there and when we arrived home he was hungry and he refused to tell us anything about school. So we asked his elder cousin who said he cried the whole day and was following the teacher. Teacher also told me the same thing and he is not able to concentrate in the lessons. I hope you can find a solution for the this problem of our child. Do you suggest using medicine, behavioural therapy or any other suggestions?

Dr. Shailly

Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy
#

• Although I must acknowledge that it is too early to diagnose with the available information.
  • It is always better to see a psychiatrist in person with all family members who have something to say regarding the child.
  • As no psychiatrist available in your town, it is advisable to seek consultation as soon as possible.
  • To discuss in detail you can talk to me after getting an online appointment at icliniq.
  • I assure you that at this tender age a lot can be done to control/cure his anxiety. What is more suitable will be decided after considering both pros and cons of all available therapeutics.

Consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|