Q. Kindly tell how someone can be brought out of sorrow of losing a dear one.

Dr. Akanksha Sharma

My mother lost her father who she loved very much. Though the incidence was about 5 to 6 months back, she is not able to come out of the sorrow. She always remains depressed. We are trying our best to cope with her, but the situation is not improving.

#

It might be that she might be suffering from adjustment disorder due to loss of a loved one because of which you are seeing these symptoms. It happens at a late age when you lose your spouse. But you should be careful that it does not proceed ahead. Also, please let me know if she also has any medical comorbidities like diabetes or hypertension and is she on medicines for any of these, whether she has thyroid issues? As it is known to cause depression-like symptoms.

|