Q. Kindly tell how someone can be brought out of sorrow of losing a dear one.

Dr. Akanksha Sharma
Published on Oct 28, 2018

My mother lost her father who she loved very much. Though the incidence was about 5 to 6 months back, she is not able to come out of the sorrow. She always remains depressed. We are trying our best to cope with her, but the situation is not improving.

#

It might be that she might be suffering from adjustment disorder due to loss of a loved one because of which you are seeing these symptoms. It happens at a late age when you lose your spouse. But you should be careful that it does not proceed ahead. Also, please let me know if she also has any medical comorbidities like diabetes or hypertension and is she on medicines for any of these, whether she has thyroid issues? As it is known to cause depression-like symptoms.

| 

Why do I get unwanted thoughts and headache?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from headache, especially in the right side. I have struggled more because of unwanted thoughts since long time. Please help me.  Read Full »

Which nerve disorder will cause weakness and bladder problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old male. I am suffering from a unique neurological disorder for about 5 years. I have consulted many doctors, but there is no improvement. So, I want your suggestion in regard to this. I am explaining my problem below. Five years ago, one morning when I got up from be...  Read Full »

Am I suffering from any thyroid disorder?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old male. My height is 5'9" and weight is 92 kg. I got tested for thyroid yesterday and got an antithyroid panel test today. My reports are attached. Am I suffering from hypothyroidism or any thyroid disorder? Do I need to start medication?  Read Full »