Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder

Why do I have weird and unusual sensations in my brain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am here because I have been dealing with a few health issues for about 2 years now. I feel weird and unusual sensations in my brain. The best way I can describe it is that it basically feels like there is a big bubble in my head, trying to fill in a missing gap or something, combin...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that it has been because of your medications only that you are having these symptoms. Your Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms were well controlled with Adderall (combination of Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine), which is a more effective m...  Read Full »

Can I take Propranolol and Adderall together?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it safe to take both Adderall and Propranolol? I have ADHD and I am taking Adderall. I have been asked to speak about my career, but I get paralyzing stage fear every time I speak in front of a crowd. A psychiatrist prescribed me Propranolol, but this does not seem like a safe combin...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. The fear and uncomfortable feel of standing and speaking in front of crowd is due to anxiety only, which can be an independent entity or can be associated with ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) itself. Propranolol is going to r...  Read Full »

How is OCD diagnosed?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 20 years old. He is tired, fatigued and unmotivated for two years. Since from the childhood he has been troublesome and different from his siblings, but he was friendly and loving at that time. He had the habit of bedwetting till the age of 7 to 8. It seems that he has ADHD as ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please describe his symptoms in more detail to help in making diagnosis of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). The symptoms you mention like lack of interest in anything, poor motivation, sleepiness, tiredness, mood swings, losing interest quickly suggest any dep...  Read Full »

I am very disorganized and forget things easily. Is it due to ADD or anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I have never done this kind of thing before so let me just start from the beginning. I am a female, 18 years old. I started ADD medication in 8th grade. Then I fell into depression and had severe anxiety which I believe the ADD medications had a big contribution to, so I went on antidepr...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are right. People misinterpret anxiety as ADD. First thing is that anxiety disorders are much more common than ADD in the adult population. Adult ADD is usually the residual or continuation of childhood ADD. So, if you did not have childhood ADD then there is ...  Read Full »

I am not benefitted from Adderall once I restart the medicine after a break. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have recently been diagnosed with adult ADD. My psychiatrist prescribed 20 mg Adderall every morning. I took it for a few days (it worked) and then took a break of two days as I found I was not able to sleep on it. I thought I would get a good night sleep and then resume the meds to...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It usually takes a few attempts to optimize your ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder) medication regimen. It can be somewhat frustrating, but your experience is not uncommon. Your doctor will titrate the dose of Adderall (Dextroamphetamine, Amphetamine) ac...  Read Full »

Please guide me to get some idea about my concentration issue.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been noticed some of my symptoms for a few years. A few people make comments that got ADHD and so I searched about it. I feel difficulty in finishing a task in an appropriate time. I am always late and tired. I also interrupt other people for help, and my senior shouted me for th...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You report difficulties with attention, poor concentration overactivity, and impulsive behavior. These may be suggestive of ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). ADHD may present since childhood but is more evident in the adolescent stage, as the academic...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms due to ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am trying to figure out if I have ADHD. I cannot concentrate at school. While reading, my mind wanders off, and I forget everything. If I stay still, I shake a bit. Please help me.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The information you have provided indicates towards ADHD (Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder). But at the same time, there are other conditions that have similar kind of presentation as you have reported. Other than this, there are a few other criteria that should...  Read Full »

Is Vyvanse the best medication to treat ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it safe to take Vyvanse 100 mg for ADHD symptoms?  Read Full »

Dr. Ananth S

Andrologist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) is a stimulant. I basically do not approve giving stimulants to target ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder) symptoms. And the dosage 100 mg is way above safe dosing range. One side effect to watch out for is motor tics or involunta...  Read Full »

I have difficulty in focusing and understanding verbal instructions. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am female, 21 years of age and as weird as this sounds, I always feel like I am so overfocused that I cannot really focus. I am very slow when it comes to verbal communication, it is something I have struggled with ever since I was a child. So when someone is verbally giving me inst...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from the information you have provided that you might be suffering from an adult variant of attention deficit hyperactive disorder, inattention type. Do you also have symptoms like repetitive acts or rituals, urge to repeat words or images, repetitive handwashi...  Read Full »

Celexa is not working now for my 12 year old girl with GAD. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My 12 year old girl has been on Celexa from the age of seven years for GAD. She has been on 20 mg for the past three years. It has worked well for the anxiety and mood regulation. She has been irritable and angry with some depression for the past six months. Would you think we should loo...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the question. Generalized anxiety disorder is a simple anxiety disorder which is very easy to treat with medicines if it is combined with psychotherapy and progressive counseling. Medicines alone cannot cure it. Celexa (Citalopram) used to help her in anxie...  Read Full »