iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersInternal Medicineatypical skin lesionsI have recurring white spots on the genitals. Please help.

What could cause recurring white spots on the genitals?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At March 29, 2018
Reviewed AtMay 13, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I have had white spots on my genital area for the past one year. They are not bumps but just spots. They do not itch or smell. They are only just visible. After applying a cream such as Beclomin for prolonged periods, it goes away but once I stop, it starts to appear again.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

This seems to be related to some atypical skin lesions that respond well to Beclomin (Beclomethasone and Miconazole nitrate) (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These can or cannot be sexually transmitted disease-related symptoms. It depends on proper evaluation and testing to rule out the real cause. In differential diagnosis, lichen sclerosis can be on top. In this disease, we see patchy white lesions on male genitalia. Skin diseases like lichen planus and psoriasis can be other differentials.

The best next step is to consult a dermatologist in-person to get yourself tested thoroughly. The dermatologist would rule out all possible causes including fungal infections and aforementioned possibilities. Once diagnosed properly, it can be managed accordingly.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Patient's Query

Thank you doctor,

Kindly tell me whether it is fine for me to have unprotected sex with my wife or not. Can this get cured entirely or not?


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

The answer to both of your queries is that it depends on the original diagnosis. If it comes up not to be communicable, you are good to go unprotected. Otherwise, better to go protected.

As far as treatment and cure are concerned, it also depends on the diagnosis. Better is to go for the consultation from a dermatologist. It would be the best next step.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Muhammad Majid Hanif
Dr. Muhammad Majid Hanif


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Internal Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy